This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul79

Not sure what to do?
« on: March 26, 2020, 07:11:33 pm »
I started up my own pressure washing business back in October last year, prior to that I was full time employed. I closed the doors on Monday after the prime ministers announcement and cancelled the jobs and job qoutes I had in line. I took the message ‘stay at home’ and have been since. The problem I have is I am also a full time dad (single parent) and obviously my child is off school now and nowhere to put him so I can’t really go out and work anyway.

Based on today’s announcement for self-employed I am thinking I am eligible for nothing since I have no filed tax returns. Does this mean I will get nothing other than the universal credit I am already getting (which does not cover my outgoings)? I do have the option of carrying on working, risk the flak I might get for doing so, take my son to my parents house or is that not right for me to do that?

Honestly don’t know what to do. Was getting so many jobs booked in and enquires I had it in my head since October that March was my time to shine and grow the business but it’s now closed and everything cancelled not sure if this is the right forum to be asking this but hoping someone maybe able to help or advise.

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

Re: Not sure what to do?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 08:47:14 pm »
If I understood it correctly Martin Lewis has just said that if anyone has been trading under a year they won't get anything.

He did use an example of someone who started in June or July of 2019, so certainly less than a year.

Doesn't look good for yourself - I sympathise.

This is a dynamic situation, changing daily & your situation could be different tomorrow, you need to keep yourself abreast of the updates.

All the best.

Jonny Swirljet

Re: Not sure what to do?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 02:52:24 pm »
I heard somewhere that your situation you may qualify for universal credit.

I also think at the moment, driveway cleaning may well come under the umbrella of maintenance, just like window cleaning and gardening. At the moment the Gov. web guidance states that a long as you have no symptoms, you use social distancing, people at the property are not isolating or on a vulnerable list, you can carry on

This is how i read it but check it out to confirm the fact