This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Beezer

Naturally dont want to put ourselves or customers at risk.Any thoughts?

dazmond

Just clean the fronts if your (or the customers) worried......personally I'd try and clean them as I normally  would....
price higher/work harder!

lee_dewing

Front only 🤔

Half of something, better than nothing

Sorry Beezer not what you want to 👂 hear

Did that for elderly couple
Friday
Offered him front only or miss a go

He looked worried when I knocked
Stood well back from door way

Younger customers maybe less concerned

Too be honest I would not want to be going through people’s houses at the
Moment

Going through their garage not so bad as long as you keep distance from customer but you could say touching doors, door handles

Wash hands, don’t touch face

I’ve hand the odd cup of tea of customers last week which is stupid

I think I’ll still except and pour them away when their not looking 🤔🦠

Don’t want to offend people,
a real pickle we find ourselves in

But imagine being a self employed black cabbie or Minnie cab driver

Also heard a dog walking service company completely switched off by customers
Obviously customers at home working now or don’t want people coming in and out of their houses

We will be effected but hopefully not by all our customers at once

More people at home to see us so possible one offs maybe

Now p.a.y.e people a bit more reassured maybe we won’t get hit as hard as others

It’s an unknown

Stay well and busy Beezer👍 🏃🦠

Ps.  I would not offer up front to miss cleans unless an elderly customer

But would have to grin and bear any knock backs
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

lee_dewing

I waffles too long and Daz beat me to it 😁
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

It wouldn't sit well with me, in fact I've cancelled 3 myself for that very reason. 2 of them were elderly. It may sound like I'm being dramatic but I keep questioning  why Italy has been hit so bad. I think a lot more will be learned about this virus in the coming months but myself, I wouldn't want to jeopardise anyones health be it a loved one or customer.

Soupy

Here's my policy.

Coronavirus Policy

Following guidance from the government we have taken the following steps to help safeguard our staff and our customers:

• We will, for the time being, not enter into any homes or buildings either to carry out cleaning, for access or for any other reason
  • We will not be collecting payment at the door. Payments can be made online at www.souterwindows.co.uk/payments or can be made by direct debit or card payment over the phone
  • We have limited interaction between staff wherever possible
  • Estimates will be given out over the phone or by email rather than face to face
  • Any staff member that reports a new continuous cough or fever will be instructed to remain home and self-isolate for 14 days

Obviously this situation is developing rapidly and we will take whatever steps required of us, but for the time being it is business as usual (as usual as possible in the circumstances).

If you have any concerns please feel free to contact me over the phone or via email

Stay safe.

Stuart Souter

Feel free to nick it if you want.

jay moley

Burn their house down.

Wash your hands after.

Simon Trapani

Here’s my policy: Dump!

Stoots

Yeh get rid of them and find a less awkward job.

SB Cleaning

I stopped taking on jobs like that years ago.

dazmond

I'm gonna fill a spray bottle with Milton's sterilising fluid for door handles next week for the paranoid customers......👍 :)
price higher/work harder!

I'm gonna fill a spray bottle with Milton's sterilising fluid for door handles next week for the paranoid customers......👍 :)
Well, I hope you bought some already  👌😷

Slacky

I have a mix of 1% bleach in the van. Soap and Dettol ;)

Mr B shine

Personally I'm no longer going into  customers houses.
 I'm also not giving change out and asking customers to leave the money down somewhere,  if they don't have the right amount I will square up with them at a later date.

I'm not willing to put others at risk for a few quid.

rb4no

I'm not going through houses anymore or doing indoors work. I've also got one of the Clover disinfectants that come in 5 litre drums, they dilute right down and smell good. Telling customers i'll be disinfecting front and rear doors and touch points etc free of charge. Of course those surfaces are only as clean as the last person who touched them but at least it shows I'm taking this seriously and being professional etc...