This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Cleaned a customer who’s family is self isolating
« on: March 17, 2020, 02:07:21 pm »
Turned up at a regular customer, saw another lady dropping shopping off at the door.

She told me they are in isolation due to the husband showing symptoms. 2 kids, and the wife stuck inside with the husband. No idea if he’s been tested positive yet.

They still wanted windows cleaned but obviously made no contact with me at all.

I’ve also had a larger solar panel cleaning job (commercial) postponed due to the ‘current events’. It was scheduled in for the weekend as was good earner.

I do think we may all suffer some loss in business soon. I don’t think we will be hit too hard, but if lockdown occurs, we’ll feel a loss in business I’m sure!

Soupy

Re: Cleaned a customer who’s family is self isolating
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 02:21:43 pm »
What size boots do you wear?

zesty

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 02:31:02 pm »
Gloves and handgel always at the ready.  We are not likely to catch it when on the job.

To be quite honest, you could touch almost anything in public and catch it.

I think window cleaning is one of the safest jobs in terms of person to person transfer. All I touch is the pole, hose and van.

Most of my family work in offices. Not fun places to be at the moment!

The other thing, is these are the recommendations of 111, even my mum and her husband have been told to self isolate for 7 days. As my mums Husband has had a chest infection (he’s had several Over the years) . No other symptoms, and vert unlikely it’s Corona. My mum has been fine.

There will be many people told to self isolate, who only have a cold.

mufcglen

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 03:16:43 pm »
I’ve had loads tell me they’re self isolating this last week, I’ve just cracked on and they pay me online when I’ve finished as normal, other than the gov telling us to stay housebound, customers not wanting a clean due to financial worry or myself getting the virus I’m just gonna crack on, I’m lucky if I speak to 1 maybe 2 customers max per day and they’re usually old folk, today I had one old lady saying just crack in I’ll wave through the window hope you don’t mind, of course I don’t mind you’ve saved me 15 mins standing there talking balls when I can be splashing somebody else’s windows and getting paid for it😂

david mark

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 03:31:14 pm »
I lost a house today the owner has lost 10 contracts with dentists and several Schools for shoplifting he is devastated

david mark

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 03:32:04 pm »
For Shopfiting

robert mitchell

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 03:33:17 pm »
I lost a house today the owner has lost 10 contracts with dentists and several Schools for shoplifting he is devastated

He should probably go straight and stop shoplifting then!  ;D
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 03:51:02 pm »
I had a customer say he’s lost a £2.5M job over it. He’s cancelled his roof scrape and treatment.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2020, 04:02:17 pm »
yep...2 jobs today  the customers are self isolating.....the whole family in both houses....one works at the airport....i think she ll be losing her job soon too and shes just had a baby......i didnt have the heart to put her price up so left it at a tenner for now....

on the plus side i put two £40 jobs up a fiver each from next clean and a £15er up to £17.....
price higher/work harder!

david mark

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2020, 04:06:50 pm »
Why are you doing this  to your customers putting prices up at this time

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 04:19:59 pm »
Why are you doing this  to your customers putting prices up at this time

because they are long overdue.....its only a few here and there now as most of them have gone up now.....ive been putting up prices for the last 3 weeks.....i also picked up a new job today that i used to clean not long ago(new owners now) and added a fiver on to the original price....some of these customers are loaded mate....

zesty

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2020, 04:25:02 pm »
My sisters job and her her husbands job are at risk.

Just saw Martin Lewis’s latest tweet:

‘Just found myself crying as I wrote this, "We are likely to see an increase in redundancies, and it is likely to be difficult for many to find alternative employment right now."

I'm working on of our Coronavirus financial need-to-knows for tonight's MSE email.  Highly depressing’

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 04:39:50 pm »
My Mrs just got sent home along with all the others that have a flu jab , the new policy in government agencies apparently

Also 32 teachers got sent to isolation from my daughter’s school today  :o
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Shrek

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 04:43:31 pm »
Got one today txt back- hi shrek , sorry but we are self isolating . Please leave it this time.
I just said get well soon  :)

lal

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2020, 04:45:01 pm »
yep...2 jobs today  the customers are self isolating.....the whole family in both houses....one works at the airport....i think she ll be losing her job soon too and shes just had a baby......i didnt have the heart to put her price up so left it at a tenner for now....

on the plus side i put two £40 jobs up a fiver each from next clean and a £15er up to £17.....

i didnt have the heart to put her price up so left it at a tenner for now....

Dazmond please don't go soft on me now, i can't for the life of me take anymore of this.    :o ;D

deeege

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 04:56:02 pm »
3 customers today had very sobering stories.

1, £60 clean, runs his own event management and production company, mainly does full wedding entertainment packages. His business has literally gone down the pan in the last week, all customers and weddings cancelled. He’s just bought a £800k house with a huge mortgage too.

2,  £25 clean, property maintenance company owner mainly does roofline repairs on commercial properties. Has just spent £200k (loan) on access equipment. Has lost his 2 main contracts today, whether he’ll get them back is anyone’s guess.

3, £18 clean, Young family, he is a new qualified pilot, she works in airport catering. Both have been sent home and unsure if they’ll still have a job.

None of them have cancelled their window cleaning yet but this is the reality of what’s going on out there.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Bungle

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 04:57:02 pm »
Old couple in their 80’s. She comes out with a cup of tea and tells me they’re self isolating. Meanwhile there’s a painter and decorator who looked 70 painting the walls inside the house 😂

On the way to work this morning and I’m following a van. Hand written sign written in the dirt on the back of a white Ford Transit, ‘no toilet rolls left in this van overnight’  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

zesty

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 05:00:40 pm »
3 customers today had very sobering stories.

1, £60 clean, runs his own event management and production company, mainly does full wedding entertainment packages. His business has literally gone down the pan in the last week, all customers and weddings cancelled. He’s just bought a £800k house with a huge mortgage too.

2,  £25 clean, property maintenance company owner mainly does roofline repairs on commercial properties. Has just spent £200k (loan) on access equipment. Has lost his 2 main contracts today, whether he’ll get them back is anyone’s guess.

3, £18 clean, Young family, he is a new qualified pilot, she works in airport catering. Both have been sent home and unsure if they’ll still have a job.

None of them have cancelled their window cleaning yet but this is the reality of what’s going on out there.

It’s very uncertain for a lot of people, very sad.

My brother in law works for a travel firm that review holiday destinations. He’s not sure how long he’s got.

Let’s just hope as the panic spreads, people don’t cancel all there services like us.

There are soooo many self employed out there these days. Hard times ahead.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 05:47:11 pm »
i might start drinking again....go out with a bang.....

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 06:36:12 pm »
I was doing a 4 storey old peoples home today.

This car pulls up, toots it's horn, a window opens on the third floor. They let down a rope. Fella from the car ties a bag of groceries to the end of the rope and the inhabitants haul it up.

How we laughed ;)