Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

Dry carpet cleaning
« on: March 16, 2020, 01:16:23 pm »
I have been asked to quote an office  125metres
They can't close the office   so they have asked me any other ways of cleaning without it being wet so I said I can dry clean it clean half the office then people  move to the clean bit and work If i get the go ahead i will pray vacume with my sebo then prespray  with splitx    then sprinkle fibredri down and Hoover out  ???
What's the best treatment for the water stains around the water machine and coffee Stains  do they come out the same as a water extraction

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Dry carpet cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 04:06:52 pm »
Don’t forget about about the noise!

The pre spraying is supposed to be a very fine mist you really don’t want to be introducing lots of moisture as that defeats the object of the exercise, for water marked and imo the pre spray in general I’d Dynamall from Restormate

mjm

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 05:03:25 pm »
Thank  you 👍

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 05:52:53 pm »

Personally I cannot see offices worker having to move from one side of office to the other, generally they all have their own work stations, imagine the chaos of moving about, and what about the workers at the other side of the office you are moving them too, or do they only utilise half the office.
I would encap, just need to move them from their desk for a couple of minutes , can be walked on straight away. I often have the same scenario and never been a problem.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

mjm

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 07:46:36 pm »

Personally I cannot see offices worker having to move from one side of office to the other, generally they all have their own work stations, imagine the chaos of moving about, and what about the workers at the other side of the office you are moving them too, or do they only utilise half the office.
I would encap, just need to move them from their desk for a couple of minutes , can be walked on straight away. I often have the same scenario and never been a problem.
Geoff

Thanks they have suggested  a night clean  well a quarter of a night no one in but one person  and me might just wet clean it

Cheers anyway I will wait for them

mjm

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 09:34:55 pm »
Sorry to ask  but if i do a encap clean I simply dry hoover then prespray with dynamall  then use my 13inch rotary  with an iron man pad on it

Have I got this right

from edge2edge

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 06:55:54 am »
MJM sell them bonneting as most offices i have ever done(with microspliter or now dynamall) dry really quick and the thermadry i use(fancy buffer) is really quiet too (much less noise than a vacuum cleaner)............Alan(Swindon)

mjm

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 09:14:37 am »
Alright thanks   

des

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 08:36:31 pm »
Forget the dry sponges just do encaping . Quicker and cheaper and no mess to hoover up at the end
des at mister clean

mjm

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 08:53:38 pm »
Forget the dry sponges just do encaping . Quicker and cheaper and no mess to hoover up at the end

They  cancelled put on hold until July anyway I will try the encapping the carpets aren't that bad if I can remember rightly

Thanks anyway