Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: Corona virus.
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 06:43:40 am »
I saw it but I don’t need a hot system, but if I did I have the worlds best Diesel burner sat in my utility room ( my wife hates me, I told her it had to stay inside to protect it from the frost) I bought it 3 months ago with the intention of building a new machine.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 08:16:31 am »
Cue the old boiler jokes  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2020, 04:20:12 pm »
Still going out doing quotes, did 3 today plus 2 jobs .

These were old people who should be self isolating,

I’m starting to see a bit of the old British bulldog spirit  ......."we will never surrender!!" ........"No deadly virus is stopping me getting clean carpets"😊😊 (or clean patio in my case today)

Lewis Newby

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2020, 06:47:42 pm »
I think what's more worrying is if they do self isolate and you were last person there and they got sick- are you then to blame? Is it the equivalent of getting food posioning from a restaurant? Surely nobody is gonna try and sue for catching an airborne virus ,but in this day and age....

Mike Halliday

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2020, 08:30:11 pm »
I had tomorrows customer ring up an hour ago asking who to make the cheque out to, her and her 90yr old mum are self isolating so will leave the cheque on the doorstep when she sees me pull into the drive, she was very apologetic that should would not be able to make me a cuppa

Chris R

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2020, 09:04:20 pm »
What changes are you all making?
I'm taking my own mug on Jobs now.
Carrying a mask in the van. If custy is looking a bit ropey I'll wear it. If customer wants me to wear it I will.
Taking micro fibre cloths soaked in dettol or TCP in a food bag. Wiping steering wheel down and cleaning hands at appropriate times.
Staffordshire

Mike Halliday

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2020, 10:14:07 pm »
I have a bottle of foam hand wash in the van door I get a squirt of that as I leave and get in the van, I read the instructions and it’s says it gives 8hrs protection so maybe I don’t need to use it as much.

I’m drinking my Costa coffee without the lid on the Cup, (they rub their hands all over the lid as they put it on)

I’ve stopped french kissing all my customers who are Aged over 75, (apart from the really fit ones)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2020, 10:42:34 pm »
Male and Female?

Pete Blackburn 123

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2020, 09:26:20 pm »
Hi, not been on here for years!
Once again protection for employed but bugger all for the self employed. Granted, we are now entitled to a similar sick pay in line with employed if we are sick, but we wont be getting  the guaranteed 80% of pay that employed people get if they are shelved by their employers if work drys up.
It's so f***ing unfair - we pay into the system, council tax, income tax etc, yet self employed are not exempt from paying back all this immense mountain of debt that was handed out to everyone but us. Its just a massive injustice to us self employed tax payer.
Pete

alan lewis

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2020, 01:05:16 am »
Absolutely right Pete, i see a possible court challenge coming  here, as you say we pay our taxes and NI just like the employed so why not the same treatment ? if they know what 80% of an employees salary is via the PAYE system then surely they know what 80% of mine is via my tax returns ? so why are we treated differently ? Do they really want to take the risk that up to 5 million self employed people could go bust ? i mean what use is £95 pw in sick pay ??? yes you can defer your mortgage for 3 months, your tax bill in July even, but the key word here is deferred not cancelled ! and when this thing has eventually done its worst, is carpet and associated cleaning services etc  really going to be at the top of anyone's priority list ?  i hope so !

Mike Halliday

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2020, 06:56:53 am »
It’s hard to be positive about this situation,  no one is wanting to let strangers in the house to clean carpets or upholstery.

The best we can hope for is to catch the virus, recover then be immune. once we can no longer catch it or pass it on then we can start getting out there to work.

I see some people offering fogging etc but I don’t believe this will make any difference, I heard the expert on tv say it lives on people not objects.

It’s not going to get better for a while  :-\ :-\

Robin Ray

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2020, 09:09:05 am »
Mikes right, the only way to get through is to be positive and adapt.
People survived two world wars and the Spanish flu and the great depression and all that happened within a 30 year period. This may be very very serious but its early days. Lets keep positive and when we find ways of adapting help each other out.
I personally am starting to diversify my services again. Trying to think about what will be possible, what will be in demand and then filling that gap. Trying to block out whats not possible and what we cant do. It is a pain as we had big plans for the short term, but the long term goal is to keep going with whatever it takes to get through.

*Hector*

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2020, 10:53:25 am »
Stick some Jeyes fluid in the pre spray and tell the custards it is anti-bacterial carpet cleaning, and that they can tell by the smell,

rake it in.  ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

scrubydub

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2020, 04:35:07 am »
Business is really down for us especially rug cleaning or any rug and carpet are not essential. We added on our site https://www.cyrusrugs.com/ that our customers can schedule a private viewing if they want to.