Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

homenclean

Facebook
« on: February 07, 2020, 11:20:33 pm »
I might sound a bit behind the times, but I have never really engaged face book.

How successful is it for generating new business?

Is it the low end 3 carpets for £50 béer money brigade?

Just considering if it is worth investing some time in establishing a Facebook page.

Thanks for the replies
John

Mike Halliday

Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 06:49:25 am »
I have a business Facebook page that has some informative and interesting posts, I get zero work from it but then I don’t put any work into getting liked or what else you have to do .

I see post for carpet cleaning most days in my newsfeed and on the local selling sites and other local sites I visit. Everyone of them is selling it’s service based on a low price, usually 3 rooms for £50 or first room £25 than any extra rooms £15.

In my opinion .......Facebook is not the best marketing method for getting high paying new customers, it might help you keep in touch with existing customers who are willing to pay high prices. But the majority of new enquiries will be messers and time waster.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

homenclean

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 10:24:05 am »
Thanks Mike

You pretty much echoed my thoughts

John

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 12:11:49 pm »
But wait!......

Someone will come along and tell you it’s amazing that they get all their work from facebook, Facebook is the future and anyone who doesn’t use it is missing a great marketing tool .....and the reason that companies don’t get work is because they don’t know how to use it😎

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 10:09:23 am »
But wait!......

Someone will come along and tell you it’s amazing that they get all their work from facebook, Facebook is the future and anyone who doesn’t use it is missing a great marketing tool .....and the reason that companies don’t get work is because they don’t know how to use it😎
. You are so right there Mike!  I have as you know had the experiences you mention in your first reply, people contact me via my page and just ask for a price, I reply saying I need to see the carpet in person, because of x y z.  As they don’t get a price for £20 per carpet, they don’t reply. I was told by other people who have f b business pages that they get loads of their work from it , they aren’t carpet cleaners though..
Cheers Rich

neil 47

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 12:19:39 pm »
This is the auto message I have set up on my fb bussiness page saves a load of messing .

Hi
Thanks for contacting us

We only take bookings over the phone 📞

Or if you msg your no we will call back ASAP

you can always contact

us on 01226 787658

Between 9:30am and 19:00 everyday
Thanks Neil  & June   

+44 1226 787658

IICRC

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 01:26:27 pm »
I know people who are getting lots of work from Facebook, and if they were here they would tell you so.

But unless you have full disclosure about their business then you can make an informed decision whether their advice is valid to your own circumstances .

You should not take advice from someone who is not where you want to be or is not achieving the results that you want to achieve.

For instance....If you want to be working for high end customers charging £90 for a living room and £380 for a suite why take advice from someone who does 3 rooms for £50?

But the problem is though....they are happy to give advice, but not so forthcoming about their prices

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 04:36:11 pm »
We get some jobs from Facebook but many people just asking for prices. We only quote in person, so telling them that puts off half of the time wasters. We do look at the others but unfortunately many of them tend to find us too expensive. The other jobs do turn in to good jobs, but they do tend to be people who know of us from other customers or friends. So in short Facebook does tend to be a media type which often attracts people who are more interested in price than quality. On the other hand it can provide the odd good job so its worth having a presence. 
The other way I see it is at 40 I have probibly another 25 years of carpet cleaning left, if my body can stand it. By that time the majority of  my regular customers will be dead, this leaves everyone else who uses facebook.

wayne zabel

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 08:13:33 pm »
Message on my Facebook page today.

"Price for a bedroom  carpet 2b cleaned"

That was it - just about sums up my average FB enquiry.

I replied that it will likely be covered in the minimum charge of £40 and not heard a thing back

homenclean

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 10:13:37 pm »
Thanks for the replies.

I think I will but my time an£ effort into other areas.

John

Elfyn

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 07:58:32 am »
John, you may find your most effective advertising comes from the strangest place - parish magazines, free ads etc. The important thing is to remember to ask every enquiry where they found your contact details - without this knowlege you can waste money on ads that don't work.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 09:32:26 am »
I did this paid post and got zero enquiries, lots of stupid comments but no jobs, I tried to make it informative rather than just prices based....

mjm

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 04:51:09 pm »
I dont do facebook at all  I have a page but I feel to many people can read  to much about you i have never picked a job up yet from it and I have had it 6 years   I hear all the time people starting groups on there and in a week there flying and got loads of work of it   I dont believe them   I feel facebook is dated and something new needs to come out

Mike Halliday

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 05:29:00 pm »
Face book is a curse, one minute you can be flavour of the month, then next month some daft single parent on a council estate can call you a crap,  rip of merchant who sniffed her dirty knickers and you are gone

This happened to my dentist they always got great praise whenever mentioned but all it took was one person to accuse them of overcharging and the floodgates opened for every idiot in town to Start slagging them off.

The problem with Facebook and forums in general is everyone has an equal voice but not everyone is equal.  You can be a great carpet cleaner who offers the best service possible but Chantelle or Tiffany can call you crap and they used  Daves carpet cleaners,  and he was great and only charged £18 for their living room & stairs...... ( and coincidently Dave is her  boyfriend  )

mjm

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 07:00:31 pm »
 >:(      lol

mjm

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 07:03:16 pm »
To many people using the internet  now    best thing ever invented

But    wow      terrible place   sometimes

homenclean

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 08:37:35 pm »
I have a good range of customers, from commercial to domestic I only advertise in local publications and this  all works pretty well but at a cost, that’s why I was interested in Facebook which is free.

But I guess you get what you pay for and to be honest never been into social media, I’m not interested in someone I don’t knows holiday photos or pictures of their cat.

John

RPCCS

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 10:28:10 am »
The most work I ever had was from dropping flyers in the next village, I have had a  two jobs from Facebook, advertised in 2 areas with church magazines, one of which was my home village,also advertised in the same village community magazine. The idea behind that is my name is well known there, having grown up in the village and had all of my employed jobs bar one, in the village and worked there as the window cleaner for last 30 years. It made no difference, I had one call from a woman in the next town who I think  had  mental health issues, wanting me to come and clean up sh**.!,!   She wanted me to go then and there, I told her I couldn’t  do  it for another 2 days then blocked the number😯. I knew she wouldn’t want to pay the price required to sort that.
Cheers Rich

Martin OBrien

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2020, 09:17:56 pm »
I might sound a bit behind the times, but I have never really engaged face book.

How successful is it for generating new business?

Is it the low end 3 carpets for £50 béer money brigade?

Just considering if it is worth investing some time in establishing a Facebook page.

Thanks for the replies
John

Hi John, I do advertise on FB, but don't find it the best platform to find good quality leads/ jobs, you get a lot of time wasters, however that said I have had a good amount of good jobs.. but I find it ok for picking up little jobs that I tend to use to fill little gaps in my days.. but I have also found it ok on quiet months and it's saved my bacon..👍 I've seen me bringing £1500.00 a month from there.. I do not do the sponsored ads I tend to put little ads on my local hubs.. and I try and post on my business page every day.. even if it's like working in Cardiff today.. with a picture.. I would normally like to sit any leads that I get .. that way I've got a far better chance of closing them in person than I have over the phone.. but with FB you can't do that as soon as you say you would like to come and do a sit.. they never get back to you.. you have to quote blind.. and drop your price.. as most guys on there are 3 rooms for £50.00.. but I tend to pick up a lot more sofas and stairs and landing carpets..
hope this helps...
Martin..

Steve_Knight

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 05:03:44 am »
This is the auto message I have set up on my fb bussiness page saves a load of messing .

Hi
Thanks for contacting us

We only take bookings over the phone 📞

Or if you msg your no we will call back ASAP

you can always contact

us on 01226 787658

Between 9:30am and 19:00 everyday
Thanks Neil  & June   

+44 1226 787658

Hi Neil

Where do you put this message on your FB Business page?

Cheers Steve