Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

My prices
« on: March 13, 2020, 10:37:55 am »
I have put some prices up today for carpet cleaning
Not sure on the upholstery  side when I say dry clean it's a prochem shampoo foam clean for cotton etc  the customer doesn't see this sheet its saved to  my phone IE       screen shot  where do you think I should change prices   
Your help is appreciated

mjm

Re: My prices
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 10:39:00 am »
I forgot to attach

john martin

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 08:12:25 pm »
I think your min charge  is a bit high
Carpet price ok
Sofa price a bit low

but if it all works for you thats all that counts .

mjm

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 08:23:05 pm »
I think your min charge  is a bit high
Carpet price ok
Sofa price a bit low

but if it all works for you thats all that counts .

Iam putting the sofas prices up £10   i thought they were a bit low wasn't quite sure

I may drop the minimum charge to £120   I have had some  frowns of people but they have paid it and all have said the other companies didn't have all the equipment and didnt do a job like I did

mjm

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 09:47:11 pm »
Revised 

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 06:57:30 am »
a high minimum  Charge is not a problem but you need to be flexible, a little old lady who just wants the walkways cleaned and live a mile away can  be done much cheaper especially if she lets you do it as you drive home.

If you have a high minimum charge you need to sell customers on having extra work done so they get value for money, if they just was a small room offer to clean the hallways to make up to the charge
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 10:00:29 am »
So I have changed the  list of prices  most of the people have minimum charge  £45  in my area but once they get there its talk into getting more  bait and switch
 they dont have the kit  use 

The reason I have asked for help is because one of my customers  got there carpets cleaned  last month  and called me to the house she knew I was ubgrading the equipement  but she didnt wait  anyway they had a minimum 45 charge but after she told them what she needed it was a 5 bed house all carpets cleaned it looked like they just dry hovered it and went but apparently it was wet for 2 days  no furniture moved  and the place stuck
Like multipro  in a bucket of water 

Anyway I did that clean for free  because that is a yearly now because I felt guilty 
Anyway iam trying to sepearte myself from that sort of thing

Thanks for you input  👍

mjm

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 10:01:37 am »
👍

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 05:19:57 pm »
Where are you planning to advertise?

mjm

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 06:01:34 pm »
Flyers  at the moment

Lewis Newby

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 06:18:49 pm »
A minimum charge isnt call for bait and switch , it's simply needs to be the minimum your prepared to travel to do a small job for.if your happy to go out to a job and clean 1 room then think about all those types of job you have done,figure out an average and there you go. Mine is £45 ,which I'm happy to spend an hour at the job for including unloading and packing away that's an hour total no longer. If they have other areas I try and suggest my 3 rooms for £99 , usually the other two rooms take under an hour since all my gear is setup ready to go it's a case of a bit more water in the tank and a bit more pre spray mixed up.

Upholstery wise ,I think I'm just really slow- perhaps too thorough and certainly need to invest in a better tool, I aim for £75 for a 3 seater £60 for a 2 seater and £45 for arm chair but happy to discount if it's a simple job

mjm

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 07:01:53 pm »
A minimum charge isnt call for bait and switch , it's simply needs to be the minimum your prepared to travel to do a small job for.if your happy to go out to a job and clean 1 room then think about all those types of job you have done,figure out an average and there you go. Mine is £45 ,which I'm happy to spend an hour at the job for including unloading and packing away that's an hour total no longer. If they have other areas I try and suggest my 3 rooms for £99 , usually the other two rooms take under an hour since all my gear is setup ready to go it's a case of a bit more water in the tank and a bit more pre spray mixed up.

Upholstery wise ,I think I'm just really slow- perhaps too thorough and certainly need to invest in a better tool, I aim for £75 for a 3 seater £60 for a 2 seater and £45 for arm chair but happy to discount if it's a simple job
Iam using a saphire portable version for upholstery I find it really good tool I used to use cfr.   Handtool  but I sold all that and moved  on

mjm

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 07:04:28 pm »
So finally sorry to bore you I have came to  the end 

Thanks      👍😊

Lewis Newby

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2020, 10:08:12 pm »
So will you be publishing your prices or is that for a guide for yourself. I fall into the unpopular category of a carpet cleaner with prices on my site.the downside many will tell you is that it gives no scope for selling to those who have already made a decision based on price.but I get a lot of people who tell me they like that they can see roughly what it will cost strait away. It also saves a lot of wasted time on the phone for me ,I guess the flip side if you have time and want to push sales you are better off getting more calls for quotes

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 10:24:27 pm »
Prices on can be a very good filter but  you do need a lot of traffic because that is how most will make their decisions because they haven’t take the time to contact you, also you may  find certain customers are in that grey area where they don’t really know what they want and need gentle persuasion.

RPCCS

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 10:31:08 pm »
So will you be publishing your prices or is that for a guide for yourself. I fall into the unpopular category of a carpet cleaner with prices on my site.the downside many will tell you is that it gives no scope for selling to those who have already made a decision based on price.but I get a lot of people who tell me they like that they can see roughly what it will cost strait away. It also saves a lot of wasted time on the phone for me ,I guess the flip side if you have time and want to push sales you are better off getting more calls for quotes
Once my website is up and running there will be an approximate price guide, living romm from £x subject to room size and level of soiling,bedrooms from ... Landing stairs and hall from.... All prices subject to size of room level of soiling and type of carpet.
Cheers Rich

mjm

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 10:48:59 pm »
No iam not putting on the website  if theres a call I will simply  say £60   minimum clean  that will PROBABLY    get you front room small halway and 1 flight of stairs after that £5 per square metre   I will measure up using a laser measure  see what they want and I will see how it goes from there

mjm

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 10:50:17 pm »
My commercial prices are now £2   per square metre

Martin OBrien

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2020, 06:01:13 pm »
My commercial prices are now £2   per square metre

Hi i charge 50p per square foot for carpet cleaning, and aim for £30.00 per seated unit on upholstery, but there is a 10% discount built into that price, as most of my advertising gives them a 10% discount.. and i have a £35.00 minimum cost... but im down in Barry , South Wales...hope this helps.??

Stay safe ..
Martin..

mjm

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2020, 06:34:55 pm »
Thanks Martin I am changing all them prices anyway  due to some franchise window cleaning company now started cleaning and putting there prices on there website   I think there reading in here as they have called me asking how much I charge I only know this because I have there no saved on my phone I have a bluetooth  headset  in during the day phone in pocket  now I check  if i have that no saved  but rude really  but never mind