Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

Rug drying
« on: March 11, 2020, 09:59:04 pm »
I have 12 rugs to clean some are small some about 12  ftby 12ft if I do a dye bleed test on them can I drape them over chairs and leave them in the same room with speed dryers because a few years ago i went on on course the said  dont do it dye bleed but I hear of  people converting garages and taking rugs to there houses and having 30 to 40 hanging vertically

Basically can I dry them over chairs  as I say theres 12 maybe 14  or 20   she hasn't decided yet she will probably start pulling them out as I arrive more and more she has more in the loft I  think 

john martin

Re: Rug drying
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 10:16:46 pm »
sounds like a handfull  , hopefully she hasnt got fussy floors so you might be able to lay a few out over a tiled hallway or what ever . Other than that ... over chairs , stair rails. anywhere you can i suppose .

mjm

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 10:27:55 pm »
Thank you for your help john  👍😊

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 10:39:49 am »
Be careful that whatever you hang them on is straight.
I had a customer, contrary to instructions, hang a rug on a washing line.
It looked like a Chinese Pagoda with two large peaks at each side.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Elfyn

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 08:10:08 am »
Yes. Be very carefull what you drape rugs over to to dry them. If they dry unevenly they will go out of shape, have rucks in the middle and/or have corners that fold up. They just won't sid on the floor properly.

Paul Clapham

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 04:02:07 pm »
Take them to a professional who has a unit set up to clean them...…. and just put a % mark up on them.
This is the season for fine wine, and drunken friends, enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life.

Dean Haywood

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 05:25:27 pm »
As said above, taker them to someone who has a rug cleaning set up. trying to dry rugs incorrectly will potentially cause you many issues..