Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

Matress cleaning
« on: March 11, 2020, 03:35:07 pm »
I have only done 2 mattresses   at the moment I did both sides but there were king size too bit heavy  to  turn over  are you doing both sides as iam finding the wooden slats are marking the matress when wet or should I just do the side there sleeping on and around the outsides

john martin

Re: Matress cleaning
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 09:35:22 pm »
Many are just one sided these days thankfully .   But for the two sided ones  ...  i look at the underside  , if its unused i leave it be  , if it has marks or looks like its being flipped i do both sides .
ideally you need to dry both sides while you there if you intend to leave it back on the slats .  If you cant dry it , i would try and leave it up of them in some way , even fully on its side .
Mattress are heavy to handle but rarley so heavy you cant manhandle them upright in some way .
If you want to dry them while your there you need a strong blower or two . I have a couple of pics on the phone of a recent example ...il find it .

john martin

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 09:45:40 pm »
dryer on both sides ... ( its an airB&b so not fussy about leaving dryers on lockers )

mjm

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 09:49:56 pm »
Yes got that  thanks for that appreciated 

Michael

john martin

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 09:52:47 pm »
This one i really want to dry fast  ...   because its covered in oxidiser ( hair bleach i use )  for removing stains that wont wash .
The heater in the middle ... the heat is sucked into the dryers and they then blow out  slightly warm air .

RPCCS

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 07:45:15 am »
Mattress cleaning is something I was considering as an add on once I get more experienced. What solutions are suitable for mattresses or can you just use enzymes? The drying would be the problem as I only  have a dripod.
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 07:03:09 pm »
Mattress cleaning is something I was considering as an add on once I get more experienced. What solutions are suitable for mattresses or can you just use enzymes? The drying would be the problem as I only  have a dripod.

its not really critical what prespray you use  ,  the citrus presprays  seem to work well  , but really whatever your favorite magic juice is .. its likely to work ,  however where as most stains come out easy  ... and youl think your prespray is fantastic ...
Do a few mattresses in different houses and youl soon find stains on a certain mattress fabric or a certain stain that just won't budge .  Sometimes the mattress is covered in these non movers  .   So you need a strong peroxide source to bleach them off .
Some have use sodium Met reducers ...but they smell bad as it is , and on an acidic stain that smell will be amplified.   Not what you want on a mattress imo .
Peroxide works good .

RPCCS

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 10:04:24 pm »
Thanks John, what would you use on blood and sweat on a mattress?
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 10:23:29 pm »

aha nasty ,  sweat would be under the general cleaning of it , should wash off . Or whiten off with peroxide .   
Blood  ....  its rarely very much ... like a dot or two .   Cleaning with the handtool can sometimes get most of it  , peroxide can sometimes finish it off  ...  but ... if its a faint dot and wont come out any further .   i get some off white mattress coloured emulsion paint ( in a tester ) and just paint over it  .... if its rubbed a bit with a cloth it blends into the surrounds . Youd never see it .

mjm

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 10:50:09 pm »
This one i really want to dry fast  ...   because its covered in oxidiser ( hair bleach i use )  for removing stains that wont wash .
The heater in the middle ... the heat is sucked into the dryers and they then blow out  slightly warm air .

Thanks for the reply john appreciate it

RPCCS

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 07:34:40 am »

aha nasty ,  sweat would be under the general cleaning of it , should wash off . Or whiten off with peroxide .   
Blood  ....  its rarely very much ... like a dot or two .   Cleaning with the handtool can sometimes get most of it  , peroxide can sometimes finish it off  ...  but ... if its a faint dot and wont come out any further .   i get some off white mattress coloured emulsion paint ( in a tester ) and just paint over it  .... if its rubbed a bit with a cloth it blends into the surrounds . Youd never see it .
More than just spots.? I get all my supplies from Restormate, so I will ask John next time I’m up for a bleaching agent.
Cheers Rich