Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bartscleaning

Cost per square foot
« on: March 08, 2020, 02:42:16 pm »
Hi, I was wondering what the average cost you charge per square foot for carpet cleaning, I have just completed the Prochem courses and bought all my equipment, I am quoting a few jobs up next week and would appreciate any feedback on what you charge, thanks

RPCCS

Re: Cost per square foot
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 03:31:28 pm »
You choose what you want to charge, work out the cost of your equipment and fuel, van repayments etc,divide by 12 to get your monthly expenses then by 4 to get weekly, then by 5 for your daily and that gibes you an idea of what you need to make each day to break even. I have a min charge for rooms up to 20m2, then charge per sq m for anything above that. If you get more than one room to do, you coud discount it as you have already made your minimum charge. The amount depends on the area you are working in, average cost of property etc .
Cheers Rich

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 12:57:59 pm »
Hi

offer 3 prices

market them as packages. this way you never leave money on the table

Ian

RPCCS

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 04:33:20 pm »
Hi

offer 3 prices

Ian
Can you elaborate on this Ian please?  I’m not criticising or questioning, just curious as to how it works. Still ,learning myself so  always happy to pick up tips.😀
Cheers Rich

mjm

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 06:30:51 pm »
£3  per square metre at the moment and minimum clean amount   £150

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 06:53:22 pm »
The actually size of the room is only one  consideration when working out a price, how dirty the carpet is and how much furniture needs moving is more relevant.

£5/m2 sounds about right though (sorry I use the metric system)

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 07:10:36 pm »
The actually size of the room is only one  consideration when working out a price, how dirty the carpet is and how much furniture needs moving is more relevant.

Absolutely  right   and my price are going up soon because these prices are maintenance clean prices for existing  customers yearly stuff ends next week   so a very different price  for me soon

RPCCS

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 07:26:46 pm »
Thats really good money, you must go to affluent areas. Round here people wouldn't/couldn't pay that. About 6 years ago I was asked to price a 2 bed mid terrace house for window cleaning. I quoted them 5.50 and their jaw nearly hit the ground. He said the previous window cleaner charged £1 70.. My reply was how long ago, he said 4 month because he retired. So unless it was a large room and really dirty I couldn't ger £150 min.
Cheers Rich

mjm

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 07:34:29 pm »
Thats really good money, you must go to affluent areas. Round here people wouldn't/couldn't pay that. About 6 years ago I was asked to price a 2 bed mid terrace house for window cleaning. I quoted them 5.50 and their jaw nearly hit the ground. He said the previous window cleaner charged £1 70.. My reply was how long ago, he said 4 month because he retired. So unless it was a large room and really dirty I couldn't ger £150 min.

This is inside  the m25

RPCCS

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2020, 08:55:39 pm »
Say no more😎
Cheers Rich

bartscleaning

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2020, 12:49:29 pm »

Absolutely  right   and my price are going up soon because these prices are maintenance clean prices for existing  customers yearly stuff ends next week   so a very different price  for me soon

bartscleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2020, 12:50:35 pm »
Hi thanks Mike
Does that price include stain removal or do you charge extra?
Thanks in advance

derikraven

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2020, 06:50:45 pm »
Hi

offer 3 prices

Ian
           I have never understood the concept of "packages"  . I only offer one price and this is for cleaning the carpet to the best of my ability.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 01:46:33 pm »
It’s not about the quality of the clean it’s about what the customer wants, a deep clean is what’s expected but you could have a package for

A. no furniture moved package
B. all furniture moved
C.furniture moved and protected

The combinations are limitless but it takes away the focus on price only.