This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul mather

WFP & Open Windows
« on: July 06, 2006, 03:14:59 pm »
As I have just received my new WFP System, but not got it out of the box yet I have been thinking about the logistics of using it. One question comes to mind, with all this hot weather & the inevitable open windows, what do you do if you are using a WFP.
I'm sure those WFP Experts will think this is a daft question but please bare with this novice.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

steve m

Re: WFP & Open Windows
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 03:58:56 pm »
hi

most of the wouses i clean have upvc frames, so you can just push them shut with the pole

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 04:02:24 pm »
Better hope you don't get sash windows.

Or ones on the arm type catch,
or ones like...... ;)

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 04:09:36 pm »
Be very careful trying to shut windows with your pole. I recently tried to shut a small top opener with my gooseneck pole and it wouldn't budge. Tried a bit too hard and snapped the flippin gooseneck off!!!   :'(

Now if the window doesn't shut EASILY I just do them as best I can.

Expensive lesson though!!
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Morph

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 04:15:22 pm »
Better hope you don't get sash windows.

Or ones on the arm type catch,
or ones like...... ;)

Ignore Victor...
If they are sash windows that are open, chances are the client will be in, so just ask then to shut the windows for 5 minutes till you're done.
All other windows above ground floor, just do them open.  Push closed all ground floor windows before you start....Alternatively, wash the curtains and ornaments too! ;D

JohnL

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 05:53:12 pm »
do you charge extra for that Pj

;D    ;D    ;D

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

master cleaner

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 12:23:22 am »
like has been said just clean then while they are open if you cant push them shut , the only problem we have is some small top openers that open fully and wont push shut , if the customer is not in we have to miss the window but this only happens probably twice a month.

gary

Ian_Giles

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 06:29:33 am »
I rarely have a problem with most windows, but if the house does have sash windows, even if the customer is in, make sure you check first whether they are open or not!!
Step back far enough from the house so you can see the bottom sash is all the way down.
If the customer is out you can still do the window, even with the bottom sash slightly open, but you have to be very aware of what you are doing.
Not really recommended though.
Opening lights aren't a problem, if like me you have a pole with the hose on the outside of the pole then you can simply turn the pole upside down and pop the catch on opening lights, or push the window closed.
Again, with an adjustable goose neck, even if the window won't close, you can still clean the opening light, the same with ordinary windows that open, just be careful where your water jet or spray is pointing.

If your customer is in then it is a simple matter to ask them to close all windows until you are done.
Spraying water on the back of a customers neck when they are sat on the loo is not funny....well ok, it is, but you have to keep a really straight when you apologise to them...the giveaway is the shriek when the cold  water hits their neck and runs down the small of their back :o

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Re: WFP & Open Windows New
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 07:58:02 pm »
I lost an account recently due to a customer opening all her sash windows straight after I'd cleaned them with a WFP.

The thing is, while cleaning them I was  diligent and cleaned the top sections first, then returned to my start point and cleaned the bottom sections.

Then this daft customer opens the windows just after I've left, dumping all the dirty water hiding in the frames all over the bottom section of the window.

Anyway, this customer realised what had happened without me telling her, but said her husband would be doing them in future!

Oh well, never mind.