This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rizwan Mo

Commercial Cleaning - Pressure Washing Service
« on: February 29, 2020, 10:04:13 pm »
Over the last 18 months i have been concentrating on domestic customers and properties with main work coming on driveways, patios and decking.

I upgraded my machine end of last year and now feel as though i can take on more commercial work. I have done a quite a few but on a small scale but want to start offering cladding cleaning and cleaning at heights as well as courtyard cleaning.

Any advise on what things to consider or if im jumping the gun too early. I have put some points below to consider but if theres anything i have missed i will appreciate it.

Water Supply - Would i need to invest in water bowser and link up to the hydrant from local water company?
Hot Water / Steam Cleaning - Currently using cold water pressure washer... do i need to upgrade?
RAMS / HS - Would i need accreditation? Which is best company to go with?

What kind of things do the commercial companies look for in businesses?

I am planning to have this up and running in the next 3-6 months, in my experience i think its always best to plan ahead. The commercial work will probably keep me busy over winter im hoping.

Any advise welcome from those who have experience working on the commercial side

Thanks
Riz

SB Cleaning

Re: Commercial Cleaning - Pressure Washing Service
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:04:01 am »
How are you planning on getting the commercial work?

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 04:46:47 pm »
How are you planning on getting the commercial work?

As above......
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Rizwan Mo

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 10:49:54 pm »
When I havnt had jobs on I've been attending networking events with facility  managers etc.

I worked in sales for so long I picked up a few tricks in getting through to decision makers. My friend has an exterior painting company and has done some big projects across the UK which has helped.

Happy to outsource some work which is far for me to attend if anyone is interested, but I'm still learning on the job and know I'm not ready.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 07:59:21 am »
When I havnt had jobs on I've been attending networking events with facility  managers etc.

I worked in sales for so long I picked up a few tricks in getting through to decision makers. My friend has an exterior painting company and has done some big projects across the UK which has helped.

Happy to outsource some work which is far for me to attend if anyone is interested, but I'm still learning on the job and know I'm not ready.
Sounds like you will do well mate ;)

If you get any work in the Hereford/Worcester areas give me a shout ;)