Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robin Ray

Have you been converted?
« on: February 28, 2020, 04:55:20 pm »
I used M Power years ago and couldn't seem to get to grips with it, it always seemed to be a bit hit and miss. For some reason though, a while back I bought a small bottle of Bio Clean from  Restoremate, which is essentially exactly the same thing a M Power. Anyway I started using it on the odd wool carpet here and there, also linen suites, and have began to build confidence in it. I have been getting some excellent results, to the extent that I have just ordered 5l of Bio Clean, at 120:1 it should last me some time. I not entirely sure that colloidal products are the answer to all of the worlds problems like some have claimed in the past however they do, for some reason, seem to be alot better than i ever thought before.

john martin

Re: Have you been converted?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 11:33:45 pm »
I used M Power years ago and couldn't seem to get to grips with it, it always seemed to be a bit hit and miss. For some reason though, a while back I bought a small bottle of Bio Clean from  Restoremate, which is essentially exactly the same thing a M Power. Anyway I started using it on the odd wool carpet here and there, also linen suites, and have began to build confidence in it. I have been getting some excellent results, to the extent that I have just ordered 5l of Bio Clean, at 120:1 it should last me some time. I not entirely sure that colloidal products are the answer to all of the worlds problems like some have claimed in the past however they do, for some reason, seem to be alot better than i ever thought before.

Think you might be on your own there  , ha .    I keep a container on the van for the odd time i get a (usually a woman ) who requests  'no chemicals '    .   
Nothing special cleaning wise though  ,  i used Surf coconut bliss for a couple of weeks after xmas  , worked amazing , smelled great . Everything works to some extent if just about breaking up the dirt .

Robin Ray

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 12:27:39 pm »
Its not just the results I like about it its also the fact its ph neutral in use but effective on the items which are sometimes problematic.  As I said I don't feel its the answer to all of life's problems. I also carry an array of other cleaning solutions, high ph like powerburst, also enzymes, extraction solutions etc..  I just think it actually has a place, rather than just being a gimmick.

Aston Rayfield

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 08:48:11 am »
I use MPower on pretty much all my non synthetic cleans. It took me a while to get used to it but I now mix it with water that's about as hot as my hand can stand. TM3 for agititation and a good dwell and it works really well for me.

Ged Renwick

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 09:16:11 pm »
Its a useful tool to have in your box if you give it the dwell time to work, I have used it on rugs that would have bled if I had used a higher ph
Ged

Darran Pryce

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 07:21:18 am »
Personally I use it on all wool carpets and have done for a few years now.  Never had any issue with the product and the clean it gives the wool is brilliant.

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 01:04:03 pm »
Robin

always look at how many ingredients are in the product. and the type of surfactant. and how emulsification works. everyone looks for the one product. no such thing. its your skill at knowing what type of dirt bond your dealing with and the level of dirt to what product and method you will use.

I agree with you about the hit and miss, i think it a wool, made made thing.

Ian