Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ralphie

Conservatory Cleaning
« on: February 24, 2020, 10:56:13 pm »
All my work has been terraced houses without conservatories but as I grow my round I have been asked about conservatories.

I don’t have an issue with pricing more the best way of cleaning.

I have priced a couple and got jobs but one today I went to look at and lots of algae on frame, do I use elbow grease or chemicals?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Stoots

Re: Conservatory Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 11:03:18 pm »
Chemicals will always make it easier.

Ive used lots of different cleaners and they all work. Ubik, virosol, cream cleaner, bleach, TFR, the list goes on
..even good old washing up liquid works fine.

Wet what you are cleaning, blast on your chemical concoction. Leave to dwell for a couple of minutes and start scrubbing.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 09:17:13 am »
I have done loads with just pure water, they come up just fine if I haven't got any fairy in the van ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 09:23:56 am »
It all depends on what you are cleaning off, as sometimes just the brush n water is good enough!
Chemicals etc can certainly help, but then you have more rinse time, so it all depends.  Yet you will gain this knowledge as you clean more.

One tip which I use, is to purchase a hose connector which you can attach your pole hose onto and then buy a double hose connector. This will allow you to use the customers hose pipe (or your own) and connect your pole n brush to it. On a whole, you will have a greater flow n pressure and many a times I will just use this and start cleaning the roofs straight away.  This is great if its a plastic roof, but if its a glass roof then do a good 2nd rinse with pure to leave spot free.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

david mark

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 11:20:53 am »
I done hundreds over the years but avoid them like the plague these days most customers want the gutters cleaning out which can be tricky as the most debris has to be flushed out with a hose pipe.

robbo333

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 07:48:24 pm »
I use a small spray bottle of Screwfix no nonsense degreaser.

It works great, but does need rinsing off!

Usually I just scrub the fook out of them, works good too.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

DabyHill

Re: Conservatory Cleaning New
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 06:10:35 pm »
There are a few options to consider when it comes to getting rid of algae on a greenhouse roof. For starters, manual cleaning can work wonders if you have the time and patience. But if you're looking for a quicker solution, try some specialized cleaning chemicals. I recommend checking out https://mustangcleaningsupplies.com/how-to-thoroughly-clean-a-conservatory-roof/ , they've got a great selection of products specifically designed for conservatory cleaning. Just ensure you read the label and follow the instructions carefully to avoid damaging the frame or surrounding areas. Hope this helps, and good luck with your conservatory cleaning!