Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert mitchell

Can this be fixed ......
« on: February 20, 2020, 05:18:22 pm »

As above , can this be welded ?
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

P @ F

Re: Can this be fixed ......
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 05:39:07 pm »
They can re weld it but it won’t be a 5 minute job even if you can even find a person to do it

Me being me I would get my blow torch on that and try to trowel it back together , depends on how you value the tank though as it might not work
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 05:51:38 pm »
Robert, what size tank is that ? Funnily enough I've just come inside from taking the same kind of tank out of the back of my pickup as I'm selling the truck. I've a new van and tank so it's spare. It's a 500 L lay flat baffled from Stephen Scargill ( if I remember correctly ). Was going to put up on the for sale section in a couple of weeks. I'm not too far from you -  Shoreham by Sea., West Sussex.

Edit:   a couple of other replies whilst typing. Hadn't realised yours was in an ionics frame previously.

robert mitchell

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 05:52:08 pm »
I value it a lot as to take it out and replace tank would mean removing the entire ionics frame and refitting afterwards.

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 05:52:19 pm »

Yes it can steve scargill  can do it I cannot remember who he works for it’s something like Toolcraft or something ,he does  an excellent job

robert mitchell

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 05:53:31 pm »
Robert, what size tank is that ? Funnily enough I've just come inside from taking the same kind of tank out of the back of my pickup as I'm selling the truck. I've a new van and tank so it's spare. It's a 500 L lay flat baffled from Stephen Scargill ( if I remember correctly ). Was going to put up on the for sale section in a couple of weeks. I'm not too far from you -  Shoreham by Sea., West Sussex.

Hi mate , its a 700 litre but its a pro6 thermopure from ionics so your 500 would be no good to me unfortunately .

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 05:53:47 pm »
I have a 500 ltr ionics black tank sat in my garden surplus to requirements

robert mitchell

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 05:54:16 pm »

Do you know where he is based and is he on this forum? cheers

Yes it can steve scargill  can do it I cannot remember who he works for it’s something like Toolcraft or something ,he does  an excellent job

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 05:57:54 pm »
This is who steve scargill works fir they built me several tanks I thouroughly recommend them

robert mitchell

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 06:06:30 pm »
Thank you , just emailed for a quote , would be nice if i could find somewhere closer to home though .

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 06:13:57 pm »
Thank you , just emailed for a quote , would be nice if i could find somewhere closer to home though .

Try googling plastic fabrication near you you might find someone nearby

robert mitchell

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 09:25:53 pm »
Have emailed a couple of places .......... im toying with the idea of self tapping some angle iron over it with silicone underneath .......good idea?

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2020, 09:44:02 pm »
Have emailed a couple of places .......... im toying with the idea of self tapping some angle iron over it with silicone underneath .......good idea?
Got to be worth a go.
Has it only come apart on one edge at the top ?
If so, could you silicone and put a heavy weight along its length while it sets, then angle iron or plastic self tapped over it with more silicone ?
I'd recommend using this stuff
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwil0aq-i-HnAhUEsO0KHazqAYwYABALGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.co.uk&cid=CAASEuRoDc4uShiB145Vxre5FOPPzg&sig=AOD64_2PDpo5yw7iER2RX8GcoIHZ7zDxsw&ctype=46&q=&ved=2ahUKEwizy6S-i-HnAhWZQhUIHaAyB24Q9aACegQIDRA7&adurl=

Ooooooog

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2020, 09:59:26 pm »
Fibre glass repair?

robert mitchell

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2020, 10:08:10 pm »
Got to be worth a go.
If so, could you silicone and put a heavy weight along its length while it sets, then angle iron or plastic self tapped over it with more silicone ?
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwil0aq-i-HnAhUEsO0KHazqAYwYABALGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.co.uk&cid=CAASEuRoDc4uShiB145Vxre5FOPPzg&sig=AOD64_2PDpo5yw7iER2RX8GcoIHZ7zDxsw&ctype=46&q=&ved=2ahUKEwizy6S-i-HnAhWZQhUIHaAyB24Q9aACegQIDRA7&adurl=

I think it would work but just not sure how long it would last or how well the self tappers would hold in 3-4 mm plastic..........yes its just along one edge and not all the way along , about half the length.

robert mitchell

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 10:09:10 pm »
Fibre glass repair?

from what i can gather , the fibreglass resin or indeed any type of glue will not stick to the type of plastic they use .

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 10:48:02 pm »
Got to be worth a go.

I think it would work but just not sure how long it would last or how well the self tappers would hold in 3-4 mm plastic..........yes its just along one edge and not all the way along , about half the length.
Ok I see. It may look a bit bodged but what I'd be inclined to do is carefully drill small holes diagonally right through top panel with a long enough bit that it comes  out through the side panel. Do this equal distances along and beyond the length of the split. A liberal sandwich filling of stixall. Fit long enough nuts and bolts through with washers thus stitching it back together. As they are tightened they will also clamp it firmly and the stixall will not only glue it but seal it.

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 11:17:29 pm »

If you do that and it’s not successful then it will cause further damage to the tank , personally I would get it done right by a professional

windowswashed

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2020, 12:16:42 am »
I would try using tiger seal, very strong sealant

Lee GLS

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 07:44:30 am »
Tiger seal is pretty indestructible if you can’t find some one to repair it.

Steven scargill may be able to help but his prices have shot through the roof so it may not be cheap,  there is a guy in Oldham Neail Woodhead,  EMPF custom tanks, he is very reasonably priced for new tanks and may be able to help you out with a repair.