This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harleyman

Soft wash job
« on: February 19, 2020, 09:57:51 pm »
Had a soft wash to do today  what a night mate  it was coverd in white lichen  could I shift it not a chance  I think I may have to presure wash as  well any ideas please.

Splash & dash

Re: Soft wash job
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 10:04:57 pm »
Softwashing will remove normal organic growth like algi straight away, but lichens will take weeks or months to come off after they are dead , if dine properly it will be dead but takes time to fall off  , you could pressure wash it to remove them but you are then doing the job twice.

deeege

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 10:47:14 pm »
Had a soft wash to do today  what a night mate  it was coverd in white lichen  could I shift it not a chance  I think I may have to presure wash as  well any ideas please.

Stick to cleaning windows?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

harleyman

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 12:30:52 pm »
Always one chatting breeze .what and be like you no thanks.😂

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 12:47:09 pm »

What you cleaning?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

harleyman

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 02:43:00 pm »
Block paving  .spoke to her on the phone explains what to expect she's very fussy if I'd of known what she was like I would of avoided like the plague.

Elfyn

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2020, 02:48:00 pm »
Only one way to do block paving -
Pressure wash - with whirlaway if it's a big area.
Re-sand joints.
Apply at least 2 coats of sealer.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 04:26:04 pm »
Block paving  .spoke to her on the phone explains what to expect she's very fussy if I'd of known what she was like I would of avoided like the plague.

Why didnt you pressure wash it in the first place?

Jet wash either fsc or turbo (which will vastly remove the lychen), soft wash if need be, rinse and return to resand
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

harleyman

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 04:53:23 pm »
Because she as had it presure washed  a few times  and  it's  been done badly it's had a proper bashing