This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul79

Pressure washing in heavy rain?
« on: February 19, 2020, 09:23:28 pm »
I don't have a van mounted pressure washer yet and the weather doesn't bother me in the slightest but will my pressure washer be ok out in the heavy rain whilst I'm working? Tried Googling this and got mixed results so hoping someone on here with experience can help me. Thanks, Paul

simon w

Re: Pressure washing in heavy rain?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 10:13:28 pm »
Depends on what washer you've got. Petrol, Diesel, electric ? My petrol washer gets soaked often and is absolutely fine, just make sure no water gets in your fuel tank. You could make some kind of make shift shelter for it to keep the worst of the weather off maybe a wheelie bin each side of it with a piece of hardboard/cardboard across the top

Paul79

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 08:58:08 pm »
It's a petrol washer Simon but thanks for the reply I did the job this morning in heavy rain and was all fine. Love the idea of a make shift shelter but left it out in the open as it needed a good rinse down anyway lol

Terry A

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 12:59:25 pm »
I also have a petrol one and regularly use it in the rain with no problem at all.
Gets very hot near the exhaust outlet so dont place it too close to a wheelie bin.

Steve H

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 08:44:37 pm »

I also have a petrol one and regularly use it in the rain with no problem at all.
Gets very hot near the exhaust outlet so dont place it too close to a wheelie bin.
[/quote]
Yes, my lad did this when using my petrol engine p washer and put a hole in my bin, had to throw it away, gets proper hot at times so beware near anything that can get damaged by heat - Steve  ???
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 11:47:15 am »
I used to use mine in the rain before I van mounted it.

If your worried buy a fishing umbrella  :D