This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Egg

Flooded Office
« on: February 19, 2020, 12:45:18 pm »
Hi everyone

One of the offices I have the contract to clean had a flood over the weekend. What happens is that on Friday evening the last member of staff to leave will turn off the water supply at the mains for the building, they have had issues with leaks before.

What caused the flood is that over the weekend somebody left a tap on so when the water supply was turned back on at 5am Monday the tap turned on and within an hour there was water everywhere which caused a lot of damage, even taking part of the ceiling down.

But I don't think that leaving a tap on caused the flood because the sink where it happened has been blocked for while and the water runs away very slowly so I think the blocked sink was the cause. My concern is that the cleaners who were in over the weekend could well have the left the tap open and we could get the blame for it.

I don't think it would be fair for us to get completely blamed for this and would be interested to know others thoughts on this?

Thanks
Egg

Smudger

Re: Flooded Office
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 09:13:33 pm »
The nearest I have had to this is :

Over the winter a large holiday park turns off the water supply to the caravans - come spring we clean the outsides and on one particular van the insides taps were left open but someone had put the plug in - result was a flooded caravan.

no blame was apportioned to us - these thing happen - I would surmise that even if one of your cleaners turned the tap on then failed to turn it completely off it would be reasonable to expect the sink drainage to work correctly ( unless marked up that the drain was blocked - do not use ) therefore I see no reason why/how you could be to blame

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk