This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

HampshireWindowCleaning

What do your staff do when you go on holiday?
« on: February 18, 2020, 10:18:12 pm »
For those that employ, what do you do about your staff if you want to go on holiday? Do you make them take some of their paid holiday at the same time that you go away? Or give them enough work for the week and trust them to crack on, fill up with water themselves etc?

Ooooooog

Re: What do your staff do when you go on holiday?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 10:23:55 pm »
Leave them the work to do.

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 10:27:53 pm »
What do you do about water? Do you have a unit with lots of pure water stored where your staff can fill the vans each day?

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 10:37:15 pm »
Give them the work that’s due to be done they all know how to fill the vans with water it’s part of there daily routine  ,that’s the joys of employing work goes on whilst you are away 😂😂😂

NWH

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 10:42:18 pm »
So you make them go away when you do lol I used to do that,you won’t get away with that today they have holiday and they are entitled to take it when they want to.
You could have 2 weeks off and when you come back it could be there turn,the joys of employing you don’t hear about those kind of stories from employers do you,it’s just they make me loads of money lol if only it was that simple don’t forget to add up all the times they let you and your schedule down when they decide at 7 o’clock to send a text saying I won’t be coming in today the wife ain’t feeling to good so I’ve got to play mum.

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 10:51:43 pm »
When I've had part time guys working with me  I just gave them the time off and they caught up when I was back.

But different If you a running a full time multi van operation though, I guess you would leave them the van, the work and let them crack on whilst you worry everyday what they are up to.

Not for me that

Ooooooog

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 05:33:25 am »
What do you do about water? Do you have a unit with lots of pure water stored where your staff can fill the vans each day?

Yup, got 4 Ibc for water, but that’s only if we’re working from home. Otherwise is spotless, standpipes, or DI water on site.
The guys know how to turn the water on and off, check TDS.
The more autonomy the better.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 09:29:47 am »
So you make them go away when you do lol I used to do that,you won’t get away with that today they have holiday and they are entitled to take it when they want to.
You could have 2 weeks off and when you come back it could be there turn,the joys of employing you don’t hear about those kind of stories from employers do you,it’s just they make me loads of money lol if only it was that simple don’t forget to add up all the times they let you and your schedule down when they decide at 7 o’clock to send a text saying I won’t be coming in today the wife ain’t feeling to good so I’ve got to play mum.

Had this last two days! >:(

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 09:50:09 am »

This is when you pop around to the house with a bunch of flowers for the sick wife. You can quickly suss out what the story is. The kids are also a great source of truthful information.

We had a fellow employee who worked for us who would always go off sick a few days every few months. He always had the same excuse, a dodgy curry. When I asked Head office to check his sick record we discovered that he was always sick a few days before payday.
When he returned I primed the rest of the staff to see how pale he would look and how much weight he would have lost because of this vomiting and runny tummy he had over the past few days.
He knew he had been caught and he never played the same trick again. I never said a thing; the rest of the staff did it for me.

Turns out he had no money left to put petrol into the car those few days before payday so used the excuse.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 09:59:43 am »
Sometimes I think a zero hours contract is a disgrace other times I think it’s wonderful,trouble is there’s not a lot of men left in the world they all want to be stay at home dads.
I think it’s a sign of the times and people that never grew up in the 70 and 80s,they don’t seem to think I must go to work or I can’t let people down just a sod it attitude in general.
Some say you need to look after them but in all honesty you need to look after your own,employing you always need to pan for the worst case scenario I have a lot of work imagine have to service 2-3000 jobs over 6-8 weeks and being let down 4-5 times over that period,you need someone with bills to pay end of if they want enough for a good drink every week you’ll get let down you want someone with life’s responsibilities.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 10:04:16 am »
I had a really good worker with me for 6 years he met a woman older than him that completely dominated him,he had the odd day off over time but tbh he deserved it he worked hard.
It wasn’t long before he was having to pick her kids up run them around for various appointments and letting me down,in the end she convinced him to live in a council house with her and claim benefits lol,6 years thought I knew him truth is you never really know people.