Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

Food grease
« on: February 15, 2020, 03:16:20 pm »
I have been asked to clean a staircase and small landing with wool carpet. Its in a pub that has recently been taken over so not been lived in for a while and the carpet is heavily soiled and greasy. What can I use to dissolve the grease prior to cleaning with pre spray gold, is an enzyme ok to use as a pre spray?
Cheers Rich

Robin Ray

Re: Food grease
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 05:41:36 pm »
Prespray with either.. Prochem Power burst,  Chemspec Enzall, Hydramaster  Soilbreak or Hydramaster Bliz. These are all good products, others which are good possibilities which I have never tried are Vortex by restoremate and TMF Biopro 10k. Rinse out with an acid rinse like Clearwater rinse to neutralize. Don't worry about cleaning again with Prespray gold.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 06:10:15 pm »
On a small area you need to scour the surface to allow the pre-spray to penetrate and dissolve the grease and crap especially if it’s got ‘blacktop’ which is where the surface looks like a black crust.

On areas that are really bad often seen at the door that leads out of the kitchen I will prespray then rake the carpet with a BBQ brush to break up the waterproof grease and allow the prespray into the pile.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

RPCCS

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 06:41:04 pm »
Thanks Robin and Mike. I have some of the enzyme from John at RM , will get a bbq brush as back up as thete are parts on the edge of the stair with blacktop
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 06:49:41 pm »
Used the Vortex, then used a wire brush on the blacktop. Had to have a second go on about 4 stairs where the black had come back after walking on them to access the inner landing.  Got to quote for the main pub area while I was there, hopefully get it later in the year
Cheers Rich

michaelrodriges54

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 01:38:17 pm »
Yes, I think it's a good idea to use enzyme ok to use as a pre spry. Or you can use the powerful Carpet Spot Remover, which is also good.  https://spotcarpetcleaners.com/reviews/best-carpet-cleaner-spray/ You can also read a lot of advice in this matter in this article.

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 01:07:29 pm »