Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

soner

Used machine checks
« on: February 06, 2020, 08:04:47 pm »
Hi guys , even though i was fallowing forum as a guest for a long time , this is my first post so i am excited  :)

I would like to ask , when you are buying a second hand carpet cleaning machine , what are the steps that you need check before you actually pay for it.

Thanks

Mike Halliday

Re: Used machine checks
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 07:08:07 am »
Turn it on.🤣

Turn it on connected to a sensitive  house circuit breaker make sure it doesn’t trip out.

Make sure it pumps water to the wand with no pulsing or fluctuation, test the vac motors and if you can see them working that would be better.

Make sure it has no leaks inside and on the QCs (although they are easy to change)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 08:47:01 am »
If you buy on ebay obviously  cash on collection
Do all of mike halliday has said

Once you have done this you need to source a machine service place  2 hours from where you live
You give it to them they service it before you clean anything     book it in with them hopefully you can wait while it's done   they will fix any problems  found

I have had 2 second hand ones   terrible problems  alot of money wasted  I have the last machine in garage as back up     I bought a new one in the end
Once you get used to the cleaning and you have made a bit of money buy a new one put the second hand one away as back up

Gotta go    good luck

Lewis Newby

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 01:10:17 pm »
Buying used,unless off a reputable cleaner for example,it's best to assume the worst. Chances are the vacs and or pump won't last long. It may have been sat not used with damp air or with the lid on for example which will shorten vac life a lot. Always worth seeing if there is any dust/dirt around the vacuum exhaust,that will give an indication of whether it's been used with water through the vacs . Aside from the vacuums and pump it's only damage to the tanks ,seals or gaskets and the wiring and internal hoses .check for leaks ,rust on connections and also wires - some crumble away over time I have seen