Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ed.

Another pricing help sorry 🙈
« on: January 26, 2020, 04:53:03 pm »
So today had women message me for a full gutter clean outside only and down pips and all windows and conservatory clean. I charged 235 sorry keep asking  just helps me out lol been in the game for years but pricing side of it never had to deal with as always worked for company’s. She didn’t replay to me so take it was a no lol had loads of people message me lately about conservatory and gutter clean just outside of them.  But only got like 4 of them out of 12 but from what all you lot are saying im charging right prices so gonna stick to what im doing. Thanks all the advice 👍😀

Ed.

Re: Another pricing help sorry 🙈
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 04:53:53 pm »

Ed.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 04:54:36 pm »

Ed.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 04:58:33 pm »

Don Kee

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 05:16:07 pm »
So front and back gutters (nothing on side) and a small polycarbonate conservatory roof.

Were you wearing a black and white stripy jumper and a face mask when you quoted it?

Two ish hours work mate, you’d be on £113 an hour on your quotation!

Slacky

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 05:34:37 pm »
Thats 20 minutes for Daz.

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 05:38:16 pm »
Dont listen to donkee,
I charge a min of £40 per side to clean g/f/s min.
So it would be just £80 min for that alone.  I also have a min of £100 for a conny roof clean. So min it would be £180 then you have the windows on top.

If you win all your quotes, then it could be argued that the price is lowish. So dont worry of everyone doesnt like the price as some will.  Yet as mentioned, you have to back the price up with great work as well. 
If you always get no from your quotes, then adjust them.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 05:44:33 pm »
Dont listen to donkee,
So it would be just £80 min for that alone.  I also have a min of £100 for a conny roof clean. So min it would be £180 then you have the windows on top.

If you win all your quotes, then it could be argued that the price is lowish. So dont worry of everyone doesnt like the price as some will.  Yet as mentioned, you have to back the price up with great work as well. 
£100 for a conny roof min price?
Are you for real ;D
I wouldn't get any at that price, I would do that roof in about a hour and charge £50.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 05:46:08 pm »
Don’t price it anywhere near your window cleaning prices I only do jobs like that myself if it pays really well,it’s 10x harder than cleaning windows.

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 05:49:02 pm »
Dont listen to donkee,

£100 for a conny roof min price?
Are you for real ;D
I wouldn't get any at that price, I would do that roof in about a hour and charge £50.

Yep and thankfully i get them, not all mind you, but about 70 percent of quotes. I also dont base my prices on time
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 07:24:33 pm »
Where are you getting these leads from? Not being funny but all the pics you posted are low end council properties yet you are charging high end premium prices.

If you need the work (which you obviously do to be getting upset about not winning every job) then maybe cater your quotes more toward the type of person/property you are quoting.

I’d expect to get £235 for that job maybe 5% of the time.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 07:57:33 pm »
As others have said seems a bit excessive for that property. Looks like a polycarb roof too. I'd be happy with £150 max for that. Its a two hour job for me. But I suppose it depends on how fast and competently you can work ( no offense intended ) and what you need to earn for a given length of  time as to what you charge.

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 10:15:44 pm »
I would say that's extortionate but it depends where you are.

I can't imagine me ever getting that price accepted for that job.

I would have quoted about half that and I wouldn't expect to get it either.

So if you are getting 1 in 3 at that price keep going, lookd like a couple hours or  a very steady mornings work. Bang 2 out of these a day and you are laughing.

As for pricing you really need to price according to what percentage of work you want.

If you are flat out why go cheap to win more work that you cant do. May as well price top end then if you get it great.

Likewise if you need to full your books then lower prices OR increase your marketting so you get more leads

I get about 50% of everything I quote from fsg to windows, I'm happy with that for my level of growth required.

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2020, 05:33:36 am »
There is always a pause between submitting a quote and receiving a reply, because she's asked other contractors to quote as well.

Don Kee

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 07:56:32 am »
Dont listen to donkee,

Lol

OP, just because someone posts a lot on a forum, doesn’t mean they actually know what they’re talking about.
It just means they have a lot of time to post on an internet forum.
Usually in the middle of a working day when instead they could be cleaning gutters and fascias for £180...

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 08:52:12 am »
Most of us have cleaned jobs like these many times over the years.......that's a 2 hour job IMO....

It is filthy...look at the state of the gutters!I'd want £150 for that.....if it wasn't quite as dirty...£120

To the OP....your obviously pricing too high as your not getting any of these jobs....

price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 08:53:50 am »
Dont listen to donkee,

Lol

OP, just because someone posts a lot on a forum, doesn’t mean they actually know what they’re talking about.
Usually in the middle of a working day when instead they could be cleaning gutters and fascias for £180...

I agree with you but some employ and have plenty of time to post during the working day , as they are supervising staff

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 10:45:52 am »
Dont listen to donkee,

Lol

;D ;D ;D or some price appropriately and dont have to work every minute of the day.   
You lot make me laugh, having a pop if i post during the day, just because some of you feel you actually do have to work solid throughout the day...........i remember those day.....
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 10:52:01 am »
There is always a pause between submitting a quote and receiving a reply, because she's asked other contractors to quote as well.

A quick soft wash job, which i quoted for a couple of wks back.  Didnt think i got the the job because up until i gave them a quote, she was texting quite a bit.  Then about a week later I got a phone call to book the job in.
So, she either needed time to think n discuss price with partner or they had some other quotes in. Either way it can be a small waiting game, when it may not be the price they had in mind.
(Got the job at £250,  oh and by the way, i might have a coffee and look through social media afterwards and the shocker!  Well before mid morning incase ones want to moan at me posting when they are working 🤷‍♂️)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Don Kee

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 03:34:21 pm »
Dont listen to donkee,

Lol

I agree with you but some employ and have plenty of time to post during the working day , as they are supervising staff

You’re not the only one that employs my friend, I just don’t feel the need to post about it on every thread.

I guess the issue is if you think you’re right all the time, you never learn.

Oh well, to each their own 👍