Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Biocide help
« on: January 22, 2020, 06:09:04 pm »

Architects have a lot to answer for.  These houses are 6 years old and ive been asked to clean the above by the house owner.  When he bought the new place he was told how its special and after a while any algae growth will be killed and eventually go.  Im guessing halve truths have been told or the client wasnt listening properly as he thought it meant forever 😂
Anyway, its a corner house, opposite woods  and a field. It never gets any sun and is always in the cold shade, ideal for algae growth.

So anyway, the help!  I mentioned that even with a biocide, in these conditions, i wont make any promises to how long it will hold of regrowth.
Wondered what people find to be the realistic truth of biocides in these conditions and which one is the best?
Cheers
Ps, the picture doesnt do justice as the render is much worse than what it looks.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

zesty

Re: Biocide help
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 06:13:40 pm »
I would hypo that all day long and make no promise as to how long it will stay ‘algae free’.

In my opinion even with a biocide, it still grows back eventually.

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 06:43:44 pm »
I would hypo that all day long and make no promise as to how long it will stay ‘algae free’.

In my opinion even with a biocide, it still grows back eventually.

This is what ive opted for and told them to that effect but just wondered what a good biocide would be like.  Lol, i like the profit margin of hypo
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 02:17:08 pm »
Seems they dont like the price haha. Constantly texting me about others in the area who will benefit from it as well etc etc up until they receive the text after visiting and speaking to them. (I sent text later as head was a shed, due to illness)
Funny, I've not heard anything back
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Rizwan Mo

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 05:06:06 pm »
Seems they dont like the price haha. Constantly texting me about others in the area who will benefit from it as well etc etc up until they receive the text after visiting and speaking to them. (I sent text later as head was a shed, due to illness)
Funny, I've not heard anything back

I get this quite often.... how they cant stand to see the site of the algae, weeds and moss at their property but when given a quotation they go radio silence   :-\

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 11:42:56 am »

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 01:43:56 pm »
Algex will kill it and prevent regrowth.

https://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=18123735

This is an example of Algex.  half the path was treated

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2020, 04:16:19 pm »
Mike/others
Have you used Algex and Algoclear? If so, how does Algex compare? I really like Algoclear Pro but the cost is way up there.
Cheers

Mike Halliday

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2020, 06:20:41 pm »
I’ve used algex (see the photo above) I’ve also use DDAC50  which is the concentrated active ingredient in all these biocides. Which is a twin chain quaternary ammonium based disinfectant.

The are all the same basically just a few added ingredients to increase there effectiveness so really read the ingredient to see how much active ingredient they contain 
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2020, 09:50:39 pm »
OK, cheers Mike.

Keiron Bradley

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 04:49:17 pm »
Mike/others
Have you used Algex and Algoclear? If so, how does Algex compare? I really like Algoclear Pro but the cost is way up there.
Cheers
Tom, have you thought about Benz Bio Cleanze which is very good stuff. It is a bit pricey but cheaper than Algoclear Pro and highly concentrated so a little bit goes a long way.
Or Bonnymans do a 50%DDAC biocide (as Mike mentions) under £50 for 5 litres or you can buy individual litres if you only need a small amount.

TomCrowther

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 08:43:30 pm »
Mike/others
Cheers
Tom, have you thought about Benz Bio Cleanze which is very good stuff. It is a bit pricey but cheaper than Algoclear Pro and highly concentrated so a little bit goes a long way.
Or Bonnymans do a 50%DDAC biocide (as Mike mentions) under £50 for 5 litres or you can buy individual litres if you only need a small amount.
Cheers Keiron
Not used Benz Bio Cleanze but will check it out. I have used Bonnymans and still have some left in the van.