Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suevd

nev vac needed for domestic/eot cleaning
« on: January 22, 2020, 07:55:19 am »

Hi all I need a new vacuum. It is for private domestic cleaning as well as communal areas in blocks of flats and end of tenancy houses.
I would say 80% carpets and 20% wood/laminate. The communal flats all have plenty of stairs and those are all carpeted.

I was using a Miele C3 cylinder and a Sebo x4. The Miele is knackered and the Sebo is great but when using the hose which is a lot of the time, taking the wand in and out of the vacuum is not a smooth operation and has to be pushed back into the body firmly, unless you turn the power off when it goes back easily (the suction makes it difficult)

I want a new vac that will pick up every bit off floors with as little passes as poss to reduce time, and it needs to be commercial as the motor has burnt out on the Miele. This vac will get a lot of use. Cost no issue as it needs to last.

Was looking at the Sebo BS360 but dont know how smooth an operation it is to keep getting the wand out (cobwebs, skirting boards, food bits in corners etc). It was easy with the Miele C3 as you had the wand in hand anyway and just needed to take the floor head off(I had the motorised head).

Also how easy is it on stairs? The Miele would sit on a step easily leaving both hands free whereas the Sebo needs a hand or a knee holding it from falling.

I dont want to buy a Sebo BS360 if its no better than my Sebo X4 as could carry on with that until it dies.

I dont want 2 vacs on each job as am alone 75% of the time and have enough stuff to carry.