Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: trad v wfp
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 04:19:57 pm »
It never really took off until about 2006-7 since then more and more vans appeared with a pole system.

i was the first window cleaner to use the pole system on domestics where i work back in 2010,only me had a wfp set up!id say its only taken off around here since 2017.....most of the window cleaners who used to take the mick out of me for not climbing ladders anymore have swapped to the pole over the last 3 years.
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2020, 04:51:31 pm »
It never really took off until about 2006-7 since then more and more vans appeared with a pole system.

i was the first window cleaner to use the pole system on domestics where i work back in 2010,only me had a wfp set up!id say its only taken off around here since 2017.....most of the window cleaners who used to take the mick out of me for not climbing ladders anymore have swapped to the pole over the last 3 years.

Was you?

I was wfp from March 2009.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

robbo333

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2020, 05:26:58 pm »
I cleaned a bungalow using wfp and the husband had just retired.

He was saying how he was really pleased with the quality of my work, but he could never get the insides clean.

So I thought I'd do a good deed, take 10mins out, and show him how to do straight pulls using a proper squeegee.

Got a text about 3 weeks later...he wants to cancel my services as he is now going to do them all himself!   >:(
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

aztec

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2020, 05:45:18 pm »
if you have a pole system in your van and then decide to work from a ladder and have an accident, do you think the insurance company will believe you used the safest method to clean and pay you out? thought not!

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2020, 06:22:51 pm »

Was you?

you dont work the same area as me though mate

deeege

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2020, 09:21:09 pm »

Was you?

you dont work the same area as me though mate

I have a day a month in your area and I believe you have a day or so in mine, but I get what your saying.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

jk999

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2020, 10:06:39 pm »
There was only 2  people using the poles in my area when i started quite a few now

RPCCS

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2020, 10:45:24 pm »
I started with wfp in Jan 2008
Cheers Rich

harleyman

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2020, 07:39:12 am »
I lost a customer the other day said he was gonna do them is self.... sure Enough I was passing he had only got a resing bottle and a c l x.  penny dropped when he was asking a few questions  prior . Leson learned  I'm gonna skirt round any more questions.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2020, 08:01:59 am »
I lost a customer the other day said he was gonna do them is self.... sure Enough I was passing he had only got a resing bottle and a c l x.  penny dropped when he was asking a few questions  prior . Leson learned  I'm gonna skirt round any more questions.

why?...do you honestly think most customers would then go out and buy the equipment to clean their own windows?....i dont think so!a fair few of mine cant even walk properly never mind clean windows! ;D

Dry Clean

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2020, 12:12:33 pm »
Should have talked him into getting a
SLX then in six months time when he's had enough offer him half it's worth in free cleans.

NWH

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2020, 01:45:40 pm »
It’s flipped on it’s head it used to be WFP was the minority now it’s Trad cleaners that are in that boat,you can offer a much better service with WFP if you can see the window from the ground you can clean it,you can’t offer this when you use a ladder you can’t offer this.

robbo333

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2020, 05:43:26 pm »
I have a very old customer and I wfp his bungalow. He always used to sit in his conservatory and watch me.

I ran out of water one day, so I cleaned his bungalow trad.

The next time I phoned him he said 'I hope you're going to use your pole thing because I like watching the water disappear on glass!'

I've heard of 'watching paint dry' but that's ridiculous!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

nathankaye

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2020, 06:38:41 pm »
I have a very old customer and I wfp his bungalow. He always used to sit in his conservatory and watch me.

I ran out of water one day, so I cleaned his bungalow trad.

The next time I phoned him he said 'I hope you're going to use your pole thing because I like watching the water disappear on glass!'

I've heard of 'watching paint dry' but that's ridiculous!

I wonder if its just the old dears, i have two (seperate ones) which like to watch the water cascade down the glass
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Johnny B

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2020, 12:27:34 am »
I am still trad, but not using ladders at the moment, so I'm trad poling upper windows.

I was a bit anxious at first about the quality of work I could produce by cleaning windows that are 12 feet rather than 12 inches away, but I'm getting quite confident now having been doing this now for 7 weeks. I've had no complaints, and I am quite happy not to be climbing ladders, so there may yet be some possibility that I will convert to wfp one day!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2020, 01:34:41 pm »
Get it done John.
I bought a Trad round few months ago has a Bolt on to a round nearby.
What I ball ache can't believe I cleaned like this for 20 years.
Any one Trad cleaning deserves a medal it's so inefecient.
Spit and polish

NWH

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2020, 05:12:02 pm »
Could never go back to the old mop and squidge lol.