Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

squidsss

Woman carpet cleaner
« on: January 17, 2020, 06:13:13 pm »
Don't take this post the wrong way any ladies.

I Have got window cleaning round that great customer base, my little one has started school and my partner wants to get back to work she wants to do cleaning, all she guna get it 8 quid working for company on the most part, I suggested to her a idea of getting in to carpet cleaning with one the lighter machines airflex mini etc etc, my question is do a lot woman do the the job would be to heavy work for lady etc etc, I could add the service to my exsting website, she could work at her lesuire and times between the school runs etc, has anyone had experience of lady carry out this work any advice would be great help

Mike Halliday

Re: Woman carpet cleaner
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 07:46:05 pm »
There’s is woman local to me who has made a good go of it, I used to speak to her quite often in the gym & Costa

https://www.gardenvillagecarpetcleaners.co.uk/
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 08:02:34 pm »
There’s a lady on Facebook called Heather if you search for Rossington carpet cleaners

Ned Kelly

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 06:48:24 am »
My wife gives me a wee hand on the bigger jobs mate. She does most things but is a wee bit afraid of wanding and hates stairs but that will come with practice. We have the new Airflex Miniflex 400 and she can get it the van no bother.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 07:25:56 am »
My wife helped  me last week do a big office clean, she found it really hard,  she worked all her life as a nurse. She was lifting all the chairs onto the tables and vacuuming.

I think a small woman would find our job hard and it might put off potential elderly customers who think she wouldn’t be able to move heavy furniture
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

squidsss

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 10:35:39 am »
Big investment to take the chance buying a new machine, don't know if to go down used route would only like her to do resedentail work any recomdations on small machines?

Ned Kelly

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 10:53:37 am »
Big investment to take the chance buying a new machine, don't know if to go down used route would only like her to do resedentail work any recomdations on small machines?
Maybe invest in a wee bit training for her first mate before you start thinking about machines. Will let her see if she likes it or not.

Elfyn

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 04:36:46 pm »
I'm sure that a lot of people would prefer a lady carpet cleaner. Some would feel safer, empathy and less threatened than with a big hairy arsed ex-rugby player like me.
Give it a go and I wish you the very best of luck.

squidsss

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 08:59:25 pm »
Just looking at the machines are heater nessary or can u just use hot water from the tap etc?

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 09:36:54 pm »
That is really opening a can of worms.
There are systems and types of cleaning agents that only require cold plain water rinses.
Others need a powerful rinse agent in hot water.

I used the former and used plain cold water to rinse for 20 years.
Hopefully you have been on  a good training course before you ventured on other folks prized possessions.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

squidsss

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 07:30:15 am »
Yer will take on a course did know if there was a online course I could do having time to get to one at moment.

hotsteam

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 08:13:03 am »
Would you take a online course for learning to drive a car ?  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

neil 47

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2020, 02:22:55 pm »

I have 2 airflex minis

The mini isn’t easy to take up or down stairs and even harder if it has built in inline heater or bigger pump .

IICRC

squidsss

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 06:12:09 pm »
Would you take a online course for learning to drive a car ?  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

Not exactly rocket science is it as long as u can understand simple instructions, I can learn quantum physics from a book I'm sure carpet cleaning  would be OK lol

squidsss

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 06:13:17 pm »

I have 2 airflex minis

The mini isn’t easy to take up or down stairs and even harder if it has built in inline heater or bigger pump .

Can leave at door with longer hose?

Simon Wilbraham

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2020, 08:29:16 pm »
We have female technician working with us.

We actually have past customers asking for her to attend to complete the next scheduled clean.

A lot of elderly female customers feel more at ease with a female technician.

We do work together quite often and I think it works very well... if a customer is elderly or appears vulnerable she will naturally take the lead.

It works very well!

She can do exactly the same as I can physically and cleaning wise.

:-)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 07:22:53 pm »
lololol i use to lift a extracta exle in and out of my meastro van at every job and carry up stairs on my own and i an only 8 stone and 4ft10  good old days them

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2020, 05:49:02 pm »

Not exactly rocket science is it as long as u can understand simple instructions, I can learn quantum physics from a book I'm sure carpet cleaning  would be OK lol

Worrying attitude..

You need hands in training to do a proper job.

FWIW I'm currently undertaking a PhD..

Lewis Newby

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2020, 01:18:02 pm »
You can learn more about the industry from others attending it then just what is taught in the classroom . If it was practical to learn online ,then surely in this day and age ,all the manufacturers and supplier would be running online classes?