This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Hot water problems
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2020, 06:18:24 pm »
If the fuel pumps gone it’s gone if the water pump goes it’s gone,these 2 things I’ve found don’t work if they are on the wain intermittently.
I would check the wiring from battery to heater if not I would check the controller,9 times out of 10 if these heaters have problems it’s down to the batteries being either dodgy or not charged enough,I charge mine every night and I always preheat on the way to work obviously with engine running now and haven’t had a problem since. Better to fire them up either when there still plugged into the mains or with engine running.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2020, 06:24:10 pm »
Even when hooked up to mains it still cuts out - surely that would eliminate a battery problem?
Anyone had issues with the fuel pump underneath the van which dents fuel to the boiler?

apart from my initial teething trouble with a fuel issue straight after installation(dec 2017) and a slight fuel leak a year or so later(which my local garage  sorted for £60)mines never missed a beat......

it must be frustrating for you esp during this cold weather,these systems are expensive and should have many years of trouble free service....i dont understand why you ve waited so long to get it fixed?if you were having trouble last summer then you ve had 5 or 6 months to get it sorted before the coldest weather sets in....
price higher/work harder!

Jason gordon

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2020, 06:49:24 pm »
Even when hooked up to mains it still cuts out - surely that would eliminate a battery problem?
Anyone had issues with the fuel pump underneath the van which dents fuel to the boiler?

apart from my initial teething trouble with a fuel issue straight after installation(dec 2017) and a slight fuel leak a year or so later(which my local garage  sorted for £60)mines never missed a beat......

it must be frustrating for you esp during this cold weather,these systems are expensive and should have many years of trouble free service....i dont understand why you ve waited so long to get it fixed?if you were having trouble last summer then you ve had 5 or 6 months to get it sorted before the coldest weather sets in....

I have been down  3 times and it’s still not fixed😡-Oliver is coming over with his laptop to plug in to find the fault( I’m in Northern Ireland) in a couple of weeks.
What was the fuel leak you had and how did that affect it?
Thanks

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2020, 06:55:51 pm »

I have been down  3 times and it’s still not fixed😡-Oliver is coming over with his laptop to plug in to find the fault( I’m in Northern Ireland) in a couple of weeks.
Thanks

hi jason....ah didnt realise you were in ireland.....the fuel leak had no affect on the working of the heater it was just picked up when my van went in for a service.......it was coming from a blanked off t piece on a fuel pipe (which was the original way grippatank integrated it into the fuel tank).

so where did you take it 3 times?have grippatank got a service depot over there mate?

Jason gordon

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2020, 07:21:11 pm »

Thanks

hi jason....ah didnt realise you were in ireland.....the fuel leak had no affect on the working of the heater it was just picked up when my van went in for a service.......it was coming from a blanked off t piece on a fuel pipe (which was the original way grippatank integrated it into the fuel tank).

so where did you take it 3 times?have grippatank got a service depot over there mate?
Sureclean are the agents over here the problem is it’s a fairly new product and they still learning themselves and Oliver’s aftersale service is pretty poor.  They don’t have any diagnosis equipment!

johnwillan

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2020, 08:04:46 pm »

Hi Jason

In my experience things to check are...
1: Batteries - we charge using a C-Tek 10amp system once they hit 11.7 during the day
2: Water Levels & Circulation (you can see this by checking the header tank)
3: Fuel Starvation: Faulty Pump or Choked Burner

I generally check in that order, fuel is checked by removing & running the burner fuel inlet inlet into a suitable container (cup/mug etc)

Replacing the burner which you can purchase online is fairly straight forward, plenty of videos on YouTube 
Likewise a re-circulation pump is even easier to replace.

HTH

John

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2020, 10:00:19 pm »

Hi Jason

1: Batteries - we charge using a C-Tek 10amp system once they hit 11.7 during the day

I generally check in that order, fuel is checked by removing & running the burner fuel inlet inlet into a suitable container (cup/mug etc)

Replacing the burner which you can purchase online is fairly straight forward, plenty of videos on YouTube 

HTH

John

i dont think replacing a burner on these systems is that straightforward John.....ive also searched online for videos and ive NEVER found a video thats shows you how to replace the burner on the exact model that we have(thermo pro 90)........

robert mitchell

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2020, 11:49:02 pm »

Hi Jason

HTH

John

i dont think replacing a burner on these systems is that straightforward John.....ive also searched online for videos and ive NEVER found a video thats shows you how to replace the burner on the exact model that we have(thermo pro 90)........

I have replaced the burner on my old thermo 90s , it was quite fiddly but not really complicated , you will need to replace the glow pin as well most likely as they break very easily while dismantling ...........biggest problem is the parts are very expensive for what they are .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

johnwillan

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2020, 09:16:04 am »

I have the Thermo Top C, replacement burner (glow pin included) £245 inc del & vat, took around 1 hour to change - I thought it was fairly straight forward.

It was interesting to see how "choked" the burner was - not surprised it was starved of fuel.

P @ F

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2020, 04:52:07 pm »
I can replace my burner , glow plug , and screen in under 10 minutes all for about £50
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

robert mitchell

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2020, 05:28:07 pm »

I have the Thermo Top C, replacement burner (glow pin included) £245 inc del & vat, took around 1 hour to change - I thought it was fairly straight forward.

It was interesting to see how "choked" the burner was - not surprised it was starved of fuel.

Thermotop C is much more straightforward to dismantle and change parts than the 90s.

robert mitchell

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2020, 05:28:48 pm »
I can replace my burner , glow plug , and screen in under 10 minutes all for about £50

Is that on a thermo 90 or an air heater ?

Air heaters are much simpler .

davids3511

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2020, 07:18:51 pm »

Hi Jason

HTH

John

I've replace my burner on a Thermopro 90st which is very similar to yours Daz, easy to do.

P @ F

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2020, 08:31:35 am »

Is that on a thermo 90 or an air heater ?

Air heaters are much simpler .
It’s an air heater converted to a water heater

p1w1

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2020, 12:05:53 pm »
Has everyone bought one like they said they were then lol

P @ F

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2020, 06:10:43 pm »
Not yet , the first one should be fitted on Saturday  !

Jonny 87

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2020, 06:59:31 pm »
P@f get yourself a website and start cranking these out.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

p1w1

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2020, 07:03:44 pm »
Not yet , the first one should be fitted on Saturday  !
Good stuff

G & M

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2020, 10:33:16 pm »
My grippa system stopped working in October. It was hardly ever used and only bought in February.  First one of the controllers just stopped working  and after a couple of weeks the whole system stopped working.  The red light is on but nothing happens.
Anyone got an idea of what may be wrong.

Splash & dash

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2020, 10:35:03 pm »
My grippa system stopped working in October. It was hardly ever used and only bought in February.  First one of the controllers just stopped working  and after a couple of weeks the whole system stopped working.  The red light is on but nothing happens.
Anyone got an idea of what may be wrong.

Sounds like it’s still under warranty? Give Oliver a ring