This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Innocence & Experience

2013 Berlingo Split charge relay
« on: January 17, 2020, 04:32:01 pm »
Just changed my van to a 2013 Berlingo and want to install a split relay charger to charge my leisure battery.
Can anyone on here advise me of a good route for the supply cable to run through to the engine bay - my old van was a mark 1 Berlingo and was relatively easy but there doesn't seem to be much room in this one.
Also, how did you connect to the car battery as it has quick release clamps - did you change the clamps to bolt on ones?
Any help apprerciated.
Cheers

wayne m

Re: 2013 Berlingo Split charge relay
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 05:42:42 pm »
I’ve not got a Berlingo myself but I know some vans are a nightmare To get the cables through. If you can’t find a way through to the cab you could always go under the van and tie the cable and then drill a hole into the back?

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 05:47:53 pm »
I’ve not got a Berlingo myself but I know some vans are a nightmare To get the cables through. If you can’t find a way through to the cab you could always go under the van and tie the cable and then drill a hole into the back?

The best and easiest way. ^^^^^^

You might have an issue with the battery clamp. If you do then you could attach the cable to the positive lug on the starter motor.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

RPCCS

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 12:42:19 pm »
You could take off the sill trim ,run the wire through there then behind the door seal through a gap at the back of the wing and through a factory hole in the inner wing to your battery. This is what I did with my mk1 Dispatch. As for the quick release clamps just put a crimp on o ring connection at the end of the cable and attach it to the existing bolt on the clamp. My mk2 Dispatch has these and that is what I did. The + clamp has a small nut and bolt attached to it, I just coupled it to that as in pic. The red/white cable goes to ignition live, as I just use a standard 30a 4 pin relay.
Cheers Rich

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 05:34:07 pm »
Thanks all - thats my evenings mapped out this week.

MNWC

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 03:17:09 pm »
Go through the bulk head grommet....thats what i did with mine. Look for a bunch of wires that go through, then make a hole with a bradle/screwdriver and feed your wire through...

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 08:21:21 pm »
Thanks MNWC - before i start pulling back carpets etc can you tell me where i'd find the bulkhead grommet - passenger or driver side and is it visible from inside the engine bay?
Cheers

MNWC

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 06:46:09 pm »
Sorry for late reply, passengers side....best to see from engine bay side .....

Innocence & Experience

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 12:33:19 pm »
Thanks MNWC - Not too late as i still havent had chance to have a look yet, planning to sort this afternoon - better get my raincoat on!