This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Some lads out there
« on: January 17, 2020, 08:50:23 am »
Bumped into a windie yesterday he turned up exaxtly at the same time as me to clean house next door to one of mine.  Nice guy had a chat.  Hes got a brand new transit custom limited and its a high spec model.  One of my vans is a custom limited 3 years old but his looked really nice and i pulled up in a 10 year old dodgy connect lol.  Its safe to say that van wise he blew me out the water. 

But he had no uniform wearing scruffy trackie bottoms and top, he was with a young lad who was using a clx pole that looked about 10 years old and the boss the main guy was doing trad???  So he trad back of house, young lad poled the front.  Then when customer came out to pay he literally ignored the customer to carry on conversation with me!!!

Asked him about water purification (hard water area) and he said his mates got a fancy water system he doesnt understand it all so just buys water off him and hopes it doesnt get spots much!

Interesting.......

Dry Clean

Re: Some lads out there
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 09:21:17 am »
Half the guys on this forum don't understand how water purification works so nothing new there, if I want to wear a uniform I will get a job in security, as long as your clean is up to scratch customers don't give a toss what you wear or the equipment used, ignoring the customer trying to pay is the bad one in my books.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 11:16:10 am »
Half the guys on this forum don't understand how water purification works so nothing new there, if I want to wear a uniform I will get a job in security, as long as your clean is up to scratch customers don't give a toss what you wear or the equipment used, ignoring the customer trying to pay is the bad one in my books.

I agree with you Sean on that one.
There are actually some half intelligent windies on here, Josh is a young lad who learns a lot quicker than me, for instance.
Most windies though are as thick as 2 short planks.
Not sure which camp I'm in ???

deeege

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 01:56:19 pm »
He probably can’t afford any new poles/reels or other important equipment because he’s paying £400+ vat each month to lease his van before he’s got a round to sustain that kind of outgoing.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 02:19:45 pm »
i've got one of these and wanted to reorder last year, but couldn't get the stock so i went peugeot instead in the end.

i couldn't believe how much cheaper the peugeot is to run, and the insurance much less too. ive even ended up preferring driving the peugeot as although its not as powerful, it is a bit smaller and easier to manoeuvre

i have to say, i used to love our transit but now i wouldn't get another one.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Status Check

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 02:44:41 pm »
Richard did you get the Peugeot Expert or Partner?

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 03:22:58 pm »
Richard did you get the Peugeot Expert or Partner?

Peugot Expert
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 04:10:44 pm »
Yeah but 400 odd a month is about all we have to pay most of the time,if you look at what other trades have to pay out each month it’s not a lot.

Spotfree

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 07:11:03 pm »
A uniform say something about the person, there's a lot of psychological stuff going on there.

Slacky

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 08:18:59 pm »
Having a window cleaning business whilst not wearing a uniform then assuming people don't care if you wear one or not says something about you and not the customer which you have failed to understand so far.