Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

other window cleaners.......
« on: January 16, 2020, 03:40:21 pm »
 so im parked up having lunch and 2 window cleaners pull up in front of me just as im pouring out  my flask of tea.......

i watched them clean the fronts of 2 houses.....no water control so water spraying everywhere,no sills or frames cleaned(the sills were green in places and still are!)the job they did was shocking...these are not newbies either(one of them is the boss and they ve been going 10+ years).....on one upper window you could see all the run marks coming from the top dodgy rubber seal as he wasnt careful on the final rinse....they really didnt give a s**t......

unbelievably BOTH of them snagged their hoses as they hurried back to the van and put their poles over their shoulders (with water spraying all over the windows they supposedly had  just cleaned) ::)roll.......then they just chucked the poles in the back of their van and off they went...

now ive picked up work off these guys over the last few years and ive never heard anyone say a good word about any of them...i know why now...total bunch of cowboys.....
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

Re: other window cleaners.......
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 03:50:27 pm »
Nobody will notice in this rain.

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 04:01:11 pm »
Mancs. What d’you expect?

NWH

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 05:52:22 pm »
Why do you think WFP still doesn’t convince people,if they wanted rid and you turned up with the same method what would they say,we don’t want that brush on a stick thingy.

zesty

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 05:55:27 pm »
Aren’t you all like that up in the grim north?

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 06:25:51 pm »
a local councillor even warned elderly people not to have this window cleaning company cleaning their windows a few years ago
...... ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 07:13:20 pm »
Such a tease Daz, you gotta name and shame them now.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 08:13:45 pm »
a local councillor even warned elderly people not to have this window cleaning company cleaning their windows a few years ago
...... ::)roll

Thats a bit desperate mate,,,,,,how much did that cost you?   ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 09:52:25 pm »
  its amazing that 'after all these years' they are still in business....

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

capn sparkle

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 10:09:30 pm »
Proof that customers don't complain about a bad job or even notice TBH.

Tea break 300 yds further up in the future or you'll go mad just watching the monkeys

davids3511

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 10:13:14 pm »
so im parked up having lunch and 2 window cleaners pull up in front of me just as im pouring out  my flask of tea.......

i watched them clean the fronts of 2 houses.....no water control so water spraying everywhere,no sills or frames cleaned(the sills were green in places and still are!)the job they did was shocking...these are not newbies either(one of them is the boss and they ve been going 10+ years).....on one upper window you could see all the run marks coming from the top dodgy rubber seal as he wasnt careful on the final rinse....they really didnt give a s**t......

unbelievably BOTH of them snagged their hoses as they hurried back to the van and put their poles over their shoulders (with water spraying all over the windows they supposedly had  just cleaned) ::)roll.......then they just chucked the poles in the back of their van and off they went...

now ive picked up work off these guys over the last few years and ive never heard anyone say a good word about any of them...i know why now...total bunch of cowboys.....
Why didn't you come over and say hi Daz?

jonboywalton75

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 10:26:45 pm »
Dave, thanks for taking the heat off me for the sake of my shame but please remember that i got all those bad habits from the 'training' you gave me.
As a thank you for covering up for me I'd like to meet up for a manly date with you in the lovely tea shop we previously liaised in.
Lymm as i remember, please contact me to arrange asap.
Sorry its been so long, promise I won't mention footy😱😱😱

davids3511

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 10:38:57 pm »
Dave, thanks for taking the heat off me for the sake of my shame but please remember that i got all those bad habits from the 'training' you gave me.
As a thank you for covering up for me I'd like to meet up for a manly date with you in the lovely tea shop we previously liaised in.
Lymm as i remember, please contact me to arrange asap.
Sorry its been so long, promise I won't mention footy😱😱😱
Great to hear from you, that 'training' seems another lifetime ago now! I'm in Lymm next week if you're about?

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 10:45:16 pm »
I'll be there if i can
Text you one morning (Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, next week)
Need a good breakfast and to see your new sportive
Cheers Dave

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 12:15:27 am »
Do two window cleaners constitute a 'total bunch'?
A bunch of window cleaners is four; at a push three, depending on licensing laws. A total bunch is five or six (as with the bunch laws).
Any more is a Pryor of window cleaners.
And the collective noun for a total bunch of cowboys is a 'bonanza'.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2020, 12:19:15 am »
Watch how you go lad.

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2020, 12:29:53 am »
Mancs. What d’you expect?
Correct.
Telling tales on other window cleaners. How are we supposed to make a dishonest living when others are watching in their vans( with heated seats) casting nasturtiums.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Pete Thompson

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 12:46:37 am »
I arrived at a house on a new-build estate last week, and as I got there, some ladder boys pulled up at the house next door, which was identical to mine.

3 of them got out, and I said hello politely, they said hello back.

I was trying to watch as I was interested to see how 3 people would clean a medium sized 3-bed detached house. In particular I was interested to see how one of the group, who got out the car carrying only a 6-inch squeegee, would get on. Another was carrying only a mop.

LOL! Oh man I wish I’d filmed it.

First, one of them took 5 minutes to untie a set of ladders off the roof rack. (It was tied on with blue rope). Nobody helped, the others just stood around.

Then the ladder untier set them up at the window while mop man got the bucket out of the boot. Mop man then climbed the ladder while ladder man went back to the car and started untying another set of ladders!

I lost track a bit at this point because I finished the fronts and went to the back, but from what I can gather, mop man came down the ladder after mopping, and squeegee man went up! All the while, ladder man was untying ladders.

When I finished my house (approx 15 mins) I started packing up, and all 3 were scrimming the ground floor windows at the front.

They were just moving both sets of ladders to the back as I drove off.

Possibly the least efficient window cleaning operation I’ve ever seen. 3 people managed to do half of a house in the same time it took me to do the whole thing.

These lads were not scruffy looking, not uniforms or branded clothes, but they looked smart enough. I actually felt a bit sorry for them. It was obvious that only squeegee man knew how to squeegee so they just tried to work around him.

How these types make any money is a mystery.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2020, 06:12:52 am »
How these types make any money is a mystery

They don't really, when they've accumulated 75 pence between them they rush off to spend it at the off licence and sit drinking their ill gotten gains in some garden of an unoccupied house (doesn't even have to be a custies house)

Wait, that was me in 1974 :(

jonboywalton75

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 06:18:18 am »
casting nasturtiums.
[/quote]

Thanks Mr Griifin, always wanted to know how to spell that  ;D