This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rp cleaning services

what system to buy
« on: July 05, 2006, 07:35:25 pm »
in the next couple of months i will be upgrading to a new system,at the moment i use the ionics pro2 trailer  but will be getting a van system with a 650 lt tank,which one to buy?ionics is very good but i am finding there filters are running out too quick and at the moment it is costing about £150 a month and i only use 300 lts a day,water is 370 out of the tap,my business is expanding and if it comes to using 600 lts a day i do not want to spend £300 a month on resin,£3000+ a year,so i need help to pick a supplier whos system is cheaper to run,diy or off the shelf,cheers robert

matt

Re: what system to buy
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 08:05:14 pm »
try RO - MAN, they do loads of diff sizes

most use a Holding tank in the garage or garden, then pump it to the van, this way your RO can be smaller as its produing 24/7

James Giles

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 08:13:14 pm »
Ro man is cheap but water waste is high thats what we found and on a metre is not good.

We now run a dual 40/40 static system with di unit. its not cheap but the running costs per year are less than your monthly bill on resin.

90% of the time you get what you pay for. cheap system or home made will cost more in long run, well it did with us 5 years ago. never again always a off the shelf system now.

rp cleaning services

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 08:32:44 pm »
at the moment i have a 1000lt tank in my garage and i top it up every day,i dont fancy diy so i am looking for a system off the shelf but i do have to cut the cost down,i am on a water metre but at the moment have not had a bill for the extra water used,i like ionics but i beleive there as to be a cheaper way of running my business,been looking at tucker systems,anybody used them who live in hard water?will they be cheaper to run,regards rob

poleman

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 08:40:08 pm »
We use Brodex, very good system provides, you cant beat a pro system ;)

Andy

rp cleaning services

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 08:41:52 pm »
are brodex cheap to run

poleman

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 08:49:06 pm »
Alot cheaper... give Sean Rimmer a ring, helpful chap and will only sell you what you need www.brodexbms.co.uk

Andy

rp cleaning services

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 08:58:18 pm »
poleman what size machine do you use and how long does it take to fill,are you di or ro,brodex machines look the part

poleman

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 09:11:42 pm »
My system is big very big...17'000 GPD or about 1000lts  every hour and 40mins. 

If you get a RO that has waste that is high then its going to take a lot longer to fill up, Brodex do a fast filling up systems but keep in mind your own water pressure at home

Andy 

rp cleaning services

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 09:29:45 pm »
poleman thank you for your help and i will contact brodex to see what they offer,i will be looking for a system that will take about 6 hours to fill 650 ltr tank,i am trying to cut the resin costs down that is more important than the machine regards rob

Jack Avery

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 09:53:47 pm »
Hi

I bought Pentair 40/40.  25 ltr DI/Resin from Desal    £550
2 inteligent prefilters from Brodex                               £180
In hindsight I would buy cheaper prefilters if I had the opportunity again. Gardiners are half the price I paid.
My TDS is 360 water goes through softener out of RO is 6 out of DI is 0
The system I put together has been running for 3 months is like clockwork I`m delighted.
kind regards
Jack Avery