Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: Heater price is here (diesel)
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2019, 10:15:29 am »

Ok mate, can you upload a video on YouTube explaining all this? Would be good to see it in action and what the options are!
[/quote]

I will give it a go matey , videos and marketing ain’t my thing, it’ll be a janner with an iPhone production !

Just as soon as it stops raining  !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Smudger

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2019, 10:35:10 am »
Cold water cleans like you say in country’s like america or similar climates when the glass is very hot from the sun,the longer waters on the glass the more chance you are going to get mistakes like I say view cold water work from inside a job and not just windows that sheet,you can clean those type of windows with P*SS.

I think you need to stop judging others by your own standards of work  ;D

if you search you will find that cold water cleans the same as hot - one reason hot water is used is to dissolve the chemical cleaners used in a washing process - these things are what require heat. - second reason for hot is hygiene - to kill bacteria

neither are essential in WFP window cleaning

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2019, 10:35:21 am »
I dont use hot but I think it's fair to say that cold water alone isn't actually that great at cleaning windows.
Takes ages to remove bird poop, snail trails, bug poop, pollen spots etc, that's if it can remove them at all. I tend to always have a bottle of neat chemical with me to give windows that bit of extra cleaning.
Hot definitely has its benefits but not for 4 or 5k, when 1 spray of neat chemical will do just as good a job as hot but for peanuts really, just adds an extra few seconds to each job. At under 1k though I think this heater is extraordinarily good value for money. Surely if you want to do the best possible job in the quickest possible time, hot is a no brainer, especially at this price point.
Count me in P F..... thanks

you ll never go back to cold water once your used to hot water cleaning.....you think £4k-£5k is a lot of money?....what if that heater lasts you 10-15 years with min maintenance?frost stat for the cold winter nights?just press a button first thing in the morning and 15 mins later you ve got hot water for your working day....i think its well worth the money.....

price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2019, 11:19:23 am »
Forget all those other benefits Daz it does a better job overall,I wouldn’t be burning diesel on a daily basis to run it if it didn’t m8,a lot of Polers don’t check there work they get away with it half the time as people just want a window cleaner.
If you are paying 15-20 quid thatll do I’ve heard it time and time again from customers I’ve picked up from cold cleaners,you want minimal spotting and a more comprehensive job buy a hot 1 if you ain’t that bothered don’t do any insides and think you’ll get away with a few marks and runs here and there get a cold or stick with a cold 1. People with a lot of employees won’t lay out the money for 5-6 vans,Lee Pryor said if I was on my own I’d buy a hot system what does that tell you what he thinks although he has quiet a few working for him what’s stopping him the fact it’s not better,me thinks it’s the cost. 

chris turner

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2019, 11:28:10 am »
I dont use hot but I think it's fair to say that cold water alone isn't actually that great at cleaning windows.
Takes ages to remove bird poop, snail trails, bug poop, pollen spots etc, that's if it can remove them at all. I tend to always have a bottle of neat chemical with me to give windows that bit of extra cleaning.
Hot definitely has its benefits but not for 4 or 5k, when 1 spray of neat chemical will do just as good a job as hot but for peanuts really, just adds an extra few seconds to each job. At under 1k though I think this heater is extraordinarily good value for money. Surely if you want to do the best possible job in the quickest possible time, hot is a no brainer, especially at this price point.
Count me in P F..... thanks

you ll never go back to cold water once your used to hot water cleaning.....you think £4k-£5k is a lot of money?....what if that heater lasts you 10-15 years with min maintenance?frost stat for the cold winter nights?just press a button first thing in the morning and 15 mins later you ve got hot water for your working day....i think its well worth the money.....

In the grand scheme of things it's not alot of money, but as I said I can achieve the same results for almost nothing with a quick spray of chemicals. I dont care about warm hoses and all that, for me its whatever will achieve the best results. I cant justify blowing that amount, plus running costs, on hot water when I can achieve those results already for virtually nothing. A litre bottle of neat chemical will last me a couple of weeks, works out about £1 a week and does an amazing job with just 1 spray per window.
However if the overall cost, including running costs were lower, then of course it makes sense to go for hot water. That's why this heater from PF is appealing.

Jonny 87

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2019, 11:37:28 am »
I wouldn't buy one either.

£3 a day running costs £60 a month plus buying the thing and servicing costs.

Its not expensive but simply isn't needed.

It's only a handful of days where we get anywhere near freezing during the day and then if it dips below water will freeze anyway so I don't see the point.

Warm hoses? Meh just wear gloves.

your saying that now Adam but if/when you ve been WFP for nearly 10 years you might think differently......to me its not all about the money.....i could probably save £2k a year in expenses if i didnt have my diesel heater and the running costs,electric reel and buying a new xtreme pole every year but my every day workday wouldnt be as comfortable/as easy as it is now.....

Absolute nonsense, even if you're only using  £5 a day in fuel its £25 a week over 44 weeks which is around £1100, add the buying servicing and maintenance costs and over a ten year period and your heater will cost you £2k a year on its own.
This means you would have to clean an extra 133 properties at £15 just to stay the same yearly, a good pole can be justified the same with an electric reel but having to do all that extra work just to have supple hoses and warm hands is idiotic and you know it.

Stupid logic.

If that’s the mind set.......

Why have a van? Why not stick a trailer system on the back of your car? Your van costs x amount of cleans per year to stand still.

Why have a motorised reel? That costs a days wage just stand still.

Why use an extreme pole instead of an Clx.

Bla bla bla.

Sean/richard/Dryclean Whoever you are today......for being someone who thinks there smarter than everyone else you really do come out with some nonsense.

Hot water has its benefits, it’s undeniable. If you want one or not then it’s up to each individual business owner.

In my experience it’s given me a better quality finish in a quicker time. (I can be very slapdash and never worry about spotting) It also helps me to keep on working even if I don’t feel like it.

As for the business sense that you keep talking about, even with the layout of a diesel heater, my business is the most profitable it has ever been, year on year. I’m happy to invest money back into the business and I suspect other hot water users feel the same.

At the end of the day.......... everyone has to decide for themselves if it’s worth it to their own business.

Let’s be honest though, if hot water only cost a few hundred quid, you know everyone would have it. That says it all really.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

zesty

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2019, 11:57:49 am »

Ok mate, can you upload a video on YouTube explaining all this? Would be good to see it in action and what the options are!

I will give it a go matey , videos and marketing ain’t my thing, it’ll be a janner with an iPhone production !

[/quote I t wir

Don’t worry mate, not expecting a professional video, just record in landscape so it fills the whole screen 👍🏼

Dry Clean

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2019, 12:18:01 pm »
Makes no difference cold water leaves spots and runs unless you rinse forever in a day,top frame water when hot evaporates in seconds with cold it sits there,look at your cold windows from inside not from 20-30ft away.

Stop talking rubbish if cold water wasn't up to the job then we would all still be using traditional methods, as Smudger said stop judging others for your inability to clean a window properly.

P @ F

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2019, 12:23:17 pm »

[/quote I t wir

Don’t worry mate, not expecting a professional video, just record in landscape so it fills the whole screen 👍🏼

Ha , there see , that would have been my first mistake, skinny vid  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2019, 12:40:58 pm »
Makes no difference cold water leaves spots and runs unless you rinse forever in a day,top frame water when hot evaporates in seconds with cold it sits there,look at your cold windows from inside not from 20-30ft away.

Mate, you anywhere near me?  If you are, do you fancy a day learning how to clean windows without spotting and using cold?  Just give a shout cause obviously your doing something terribly wrong if this is your thinking  ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2019, 02:53:32 pm »
I’m not going anywhere to work with a ginge lol

NWH

« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2019, 03:00:04 pm »
I can work with cold of course I can that’s not the point the point is which is better and what gets better results,all right saying colds as good as hot like I say do some insides then judge cold over hot. If I use cold the problem comes on the top inch or 3 down from the top frame,unless you rinse brush off the glass with cold a lot of times you get a milky top ,lol this is the problem there are so many customers out there that just want a regular window cleaner and will put up with bits missed and the odd run mark  because they just say this is the new way they all clean windows these days,not like it used to be. I’ve picked up so many cold users work over the years and they are very sceptical until I’ve cleaned em properly lol.

Slacky

« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2019, 03:26:45 pm »
You two would get on  quite well together, especially if its raining . . . . .

Don Kee

« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2019, 03:52:07 pm »
Why does cold water spot and hot water doesn’t then?

Jonny 87

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2019, 04:05:44 pm »
Why does cold water spot and hot water doesn’t then?

I’m not saying I share the same experience as NWH, but what I’ve noticed over the past 12 months of using hot water, is that I can clean incredibly quickly, with zero spotting issues.

For example, most windows I used to scrub twice, rinse off the glass once with cold water. But if we’re honest, if we were to put nose to glass and check every inch when it’s dry there sometimes is the occasional spot. Purely from trying to work quickly. Some spots worse than others.  If you say you get 100% perfect clean every time with cold then I think your not looking hard enough .

Now..... I really can scrub once and rinse once (now on the glass) and get perfect results, or Atleast close to perfect.

If I did this with cold water there would be a lot more spotting. I know, because I tested it.

Only reporting my own experience though.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

nathankaye

« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2019, 04:33:38 pm »
In summer the dry time is slightly quicker with Hot water. Hot water helps to clean more quickly n efficiently than cold and thats about it.   
Spotting issues arise due to contaminated H2O and so when the water evaporates, whatever is left will spot on the window.  So 005 cold water or 005 Hot water will dry with exactly the same results.
(I have purposely said 005 because 000 is not the all magical water better than 000    ;D  ;D)

If your seeing different results, it is not because of the temperature of the water.  That is a stupid assumption!!  Same as saying you need to rinse a whole lot more with cold 😂😂😂😂 you crack me up with this. 
If its a choice of Hot over Cold, i would pick hot every time however
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2019, 05:11:10 pm »
Jonny you are bang on m8 with cold you’ll get spotting with hot you don’t nearly as much if at all,Nathan you are just talking from a ginger experience lol.
Jonny it’s as simple as this they are not looking close enough,like a lot of cold water users they are not interested in doing a good job they are just looking for a quick job,005 cold and 005 hot is and performs differently when you clean with it,the cold at the top of the window might spot and stays on the glass longer,the hot even straight after cleaning the window will have minimal water left on the glass due to it cleaning and evaporating seconds after.
I’m talking rubbish! go inside and check those cold windows you’ve just flashed over coz they look clean from the ground,I’ve found with cold water the most common areas to spot are the top inch and both right and left top corners,very dirty windows cleaned with cold water and a stiffish brush also leave many patches of dirt with brush strokes you can’t see from the ground.
Can you clean windows with cold water of course you can but the scrubbing needed is 3/4 fold and I’m not looking to have to scrub that much,remember you cold users they all  look clean they do from distance you will be very surprised at what some are all getting away with when they put a ticket in saying I’ve cleaned your windows today while you were out.
I’ve taken on jobs that I can see where the last bloke cleaned and missed bits with the pole weeks later.

nathankaye

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2019, 06:01:47 pm »
Nige, i use Hot water. Mate ive had 70 degree water in my tank mate n done numerous vids on it as well.  I also use cold water and the point I make about the tds of the water is factual!!  It cant be argued.

As for calling me ginger, dont gingers have a short fuse!  Not ideal to try n pi$$ off i would have thought.   Tho its a good job I aint, but for some reason my goatie grows with ginger, blonde n black hair its a right pain but im used to it now, oh and white lol.

My water is currently 006 and it doesnt matter if it dries straight away or if it takes ages to dry.  The amount of particles is the same!   If it spots, it is because it was contaminated with various aspects. Dirt on the window, dirt on the frames, oils from the seal etc etc etc.  Therefore technique over temp of water!
Yes hot water cleans more efficiently on bird poop and the likes. No one disputes that.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2019, 06:13:51 pm »
I would lay off the sauce if I were you Nigel  it's doing you no favours whatsoever!! ;D ::)roll
Comfortably Numb!

p1w1

« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2019, 06:18:31 pm »
I would lay off the sauce if I were you Nigel  it's doing you no favours whatsoever!! ;D ::)roll
Is that hot sauce