This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: Heater price is here (diesel)
« Reply #200 on: December 30, 2019, 09:01:38 pm »
Right .....
In the morning you get to van , turn the water pump on , turn the heater on , then you don’t touch it all day until you finish , you then turn the heater off until it shuts down , then turn the water off

Whilst working when you close a tap or univalve the water will stop at the brush but then open the PRV and go to tank , the pump will not stop pumping all day .
If you run a controller like a Spring that usually cuts power to the pump when the pole is dead ended you will need to set the CAL to 99 , as the PRV opens at about 55psi the controller will not stop the pump and the Pressure switch will not be activated  .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

zesty

« Reply #201 on: December 30, 2019, 09:10:41 pm »
The return to tank is the easy bit, I get that 👍🏼

I just like my one shot, but that would have to go in order for me to make use of the heater.

I’d just need to use a univalve etc instead.

P @ F

« Reply #202 on: December 30, 2019, 09:47:17 pm »
You wouldn’t need to get rid , just don’t use it , who’s to say that during the summer you wouldn’t feel the need turn the heater on ?

P @ F

« Reply #203 on: December 31, 2019, 11:54:46 am »
Right then , 4 days delivery from a UK warehouse and a bit cheaper .
Let’s see what’s in the box and if these newer ones carry the CE mark. ?

zesty

« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2019, 12:24:47 pm »
You wouldn’t need to get rid , just don’t use it , who’s to say that during the summer you wouldn’t feel the need turn the heater on ?

True, but I think I’d run it all year round!

P @ F

« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2019, 12:32:29 pm »
But in the summer the ambient temperature is at times a fair bit higher so little heat will be lost from the hose , you could find yourself turning the heater off early

P @ F

« Reply #206 on: December 31, 2019, 01:25:02 pm »
Well it’s all in the box and it’s got a nice little CE badge on it too !
Just need to fire it up and see it work  ;D

Don Kee

« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2019, 03:36:04 pm »

True, but I think I’d run it all year round!

Due to the return to tank, you may not need to run the heater all day in the summer.

ie the water in the tank will hold the temperature for longer and the starting temp of the water will be higher so will reach the required temperature quicker (if I’m understanding this correctly)

My only question would be, does anyone know what the temperature tolerances are for the wyvale tanks?
On a hot summers day, with the return to tank feature, would the tank potentially reach the upper limits?
(I know immersions heat the tank water up, I would assume this would heat it up by a lot more though?)

nathankaye

« Reply #208 on: December 31, 2019, 04:54:57 pm »
Up to 70 is ok,   or at least that's what ive had in the tank before.  So this should be ok
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #209 on: December 31, 2019, 10:00:49 pm »
I saw a thermo 2 the other day with 65c coolant in the header tank , same material as a wydale
I can’t honestly see anybody  getting the tank to that , put it this way ,  when I was using the old breakfast bar leg  model  I  mounted it too close and melted the tank to moulding temp , it went clear and started to sag , I only just noticed in time and troweled it back with mole grips  ;D
The metal pipe that melted it was 6 inches away and 600c

harleyman

« Reply #210 on: January 02, 2020, 09:03:13 am »
there's a you tube vid showing one of those heaters all set up running the guy dose all sorts of reviews on this sort of thing  is name is mc luckie ill try and find a link may be use full

NWH

« Reply #211 on: January 02, 2020, 09:37:52 am »
Mine returns to tank and never reaches those temperatures you need to spend more time getting the water out the brush head lol.

harleyman

« Reply #212 on: January 02, 2020, 10:02:57 am »
just watched both vids on you tube must say I'm not impressed with build quality not only that what about sourcing parts if owt goes wrong not for me I'm afraid if you want to watch the vids type in Chinese diesel water heater is name is David mc luckie. see what you make of it best of luck with the project.

P @ F

« Reply #213 on: January 02, 2020, 11:57:36 am »
Been following David’s vids from before the air/water heater  even went to market !
What I use is only the air model anyway , I wasn’t overly impressed with the water version , too much going on in one small unit.

As for reliability, no issue there , I have been running mine for 6 hours continuous every day worked for the past 12 months , all I have had to replace is a glow plug at £10 .
And that was my own fault whilst combustion tuning the unit for more heat.

New heaters are now available from UK warehouses in 4 days and parts are readily available from 2  UK companies with next day delivery !

P @ F

« Reply #214 on: January 02, 2020, 12:05:11 pm »
Here’s one , as quick as a Webasto supplier

https://dieselkeepyouwarm.co.uk/

harleyman

« Reply #215 on: January 02, 2020, 12:18:44 pm »
what is the advantage of using the air blower as apposed to the water heater I'm not really a fan of adapting some thing that it is not made for. surly would it not be sensible to use the correct application?so as not to void warranty issues, or any major complication.one of the reasons I took out my lpg heater.

P @ F

« Reply #216 on: January 02, 2020, 01:30:28 pm »
Many advantages , initial cost , power
consumption , fuel consumption , weight , maintenance cost , van space , no second pump , no second battery , shall I continue  ;D
Above if you mean Grippa or PF type .

If you mean the new Chinese water heater as opposed to the air heater then I feel that adding a coolant loop to the water version would not work due to the facts that although both types are 5Kw they do not in reality give 5 Kw of power , both lose some via the exhaust.
The air/water Kw power is split between air and water , air heating is no use to us , so I would guess that the water heating ability is only really 2Kw .
My conversion of the air heater does away with the air heating altogether, so I would like to think that I am harnessing around 4 Kw of water heating ability , the used exhaust gases are barely warm so I know that I have gotten all heat available directly into my water .

Running on high I can now go from 10c to 60c on demand , the air/water model simply won’t do that !

And let’s not forget that none of the diesels out there , be it off the shelf or home grown have actually been originally designed for our use , they are all modified to a degree !

NWH

« Reply #217 on: January 02, 2020, 01:34:37 pm »
The Webasto heaters are mainly used for a boat heating system

P @ F

« Reply #218 on: January 02, 2020, 02:35:51 pm »
I take it that’s the 90 NWH ?
And the Top C , that is the one that was meant to be an engine pre heater if memory serves me ?

harleyman

« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2020, 05:44:43 pm »
how many amps is it drawing .im not trying to be pedantic just like  to know  my be I'm missing some thing.