This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Heater price is here (diesel)
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2019, 05:52:23 pm »
My heater uses John Guest they are neater and don’t leak yours would look so so much better if it had these fittings although you’ve done a tidy job with what you’ve done.

P @ F

« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2019, 06:22:49 pm »
The unit will be a lot neater once the hoses and PRV are within the frame , mine are not due to the former layout of my van !
It will come with 12mm or half inch brass barbs (if you’re old) as the in and out water connections for ease .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2019, 06:22:58 pm »
But the coolant pump in your system doesn’t stop Daz does it  ?
Me thinks yours would go bang too if it did !

i thought you were talking about a normal 100psi water pump mate......
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2019, 06:55:45 pm »
Yes I was mate , my shurflo is in effect my coolant pump as well as system pump .
If your coolant pump on the 90 was to fail then the coolant would superheat and go bang , but you have the wizardry in the Grippa that makes your whole system shut down in that event , that is what I am missing at the moment !

davids3511

« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2019, 07:08:56 pm »
It doesn't quite go bang but it can get very hot before the heather cuts out. How do i know, I've had a pump fail. For those who don't want to shell out the £250 webasto want, it's the same pump that cools the supercharger in a Jaguar XF.

P @ F

« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2019, 08:20:08 pm »
It doesn't quite go bang but it can get very hot before the heather cuts out. How do i know, I've had a pump fail. For those who don't want to shell out the £250 webasto want, it's the same pump that cools the supercharger in a Jaguar XF.
Good bit of info there   ;)

I know as I forgot to turn my pump on at the same time I turned the heater on , no real damage but big holes in my spaghetti like hoses  ;D

a900

« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2019, 08:26:18 pm »
When I was setting up my system with a webasto 90 it popped a coolant hose off so all the coolant flooded out. It shut off by itself fairly quickly.

One thing I like about the webasto that they have thermal cut out

a900

« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2019, 08:31:29 pm »
Fear not though as I had a chin wag with a clever chap this morning who runs a diesel heater forum and it looks like he already has the solution I need  ;D

What solution has the chap come up with?

P @ F

« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2019, 09:06:04 pm »
A900 , thank the lord  , you will know what I need I reckon !

The rough idea was a flow switch that linked to the overheat sensor, it would short the sensor and in turn trick the heater into shutdown .

I have no clue what I need ?
Any idea what would do it ?   ;D

a900

« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2019, 09:38:07 pm »
I wonder if a temp sensor in the coil and a pressure sensor just after. So over a temp it develops a resistance that will close  a relay to interrupt the fuel pump or the main heater power feed. Along with that a pressure sensor could recognise when there is less than say 10psi coming out of the coil  therefore no water flow.

You can also get delay relays which might be able to be worked into a delayed pump shut down somehow. If it’s even needed.

These are all the ideas I’ve toyed with as I’ve got an egr cooler on the exhaust of my heater. Effectively doing the same as you on a smaller scale. Even that can boil the water in a min or 2 if no flow through it.

P @ F

« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2019, 12:36:06 am »
He said it was as simple as a flow switch that somehow shorted the heater temp sensor for a tiny time to cause a shutdown, whether there is some kind of relay in the mix I don’t know  ?
He lives on a boat , it’s all gone quiet so maybe he’s at sea or sunk !

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2019, 02:42:14 pm »
Rich

Have you tried moving the sensor to the tube?

I have bought all the parts needed for my tube exchanger, just looking for someone to weld and braze now.

P @ F

« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2019, 04:49:40 pm »
Rich

Have you tried moving the sensor to the tube?

I have bought all the parts needed for my tube exchanger, just looking for someone to weld and braze now.
It’s the pump that I want to stop , moving the sensor will do nothing

What have you bought ?

P @ F

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2019, 09:48:08 pm »
Well that was interesting, just posted the vid on one of the Facebook pages , first I had the caged tank police at me , then came the CE marking police , then the clincher was the price police , these muppets want what the usual custie wants , something for nothing , I have lost all hope , the funny thing is that some of commenters seem to be very alike a few members on here , I know who you are and will be sending the boys around  ;D ;D

Jonny 87

« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2019, 09:57:55 pm »
Well that was interesting, just posted the vid on one of the Facebook pages , first I had the caged tank police at me , then came the CE marking police , then the clincher was the price police , these muppets want what the usual custie wants , something for nothing , I have lost all hope , the funny thing is that some of commenters seem to be very alike a few members on here , I know who you are and will be sending the boys around  ;D ;D

I wouldn’t worry. Facebook is cesspit sometimes.

I came off Facebook a while ago, but recently I’ve joined again but only on one group. Window cleaning page uk I think it is. 5,000 members. That will do me. It’s enough to see what’s happening...... never much.  ;D

Which group did you put that on?

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

zesty

« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2019, 07:53:29 am »
Never had facebook in my life, think it’s a load of crap 💩

Keep going rich, you’ll work it all out 👍🏼

P @ F

« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2019, 08:29:14 am »
It was the window cleaning lounge, not one of the 2 main ones !

Smudger

« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2019, 04:43:15 pm »
goes to show.......

some window cleaners expect something for nothing ..................

just like our customers  ;D

Don't worry, be proud of what you manufactured

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2019, 11:29:32 pm »
😁 I am Darran 👍
I now have a growing fan base on the Facebook page, telling me I can’t sell , import , buy these in Europe!

Really...............This chap can 🤔

https://dieselkeepyouwarm.co.uk/

Mike Halliday

« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2019, 07:17:38 am »
I’ve read this topic with interest, the problem with the pump failing and superheating  the standing water in the unit can be easily solved with the type of fitting used to dump water on carpet cleaners truckmounts, it opens and closed at a set temp, put it on the exit pipe and this will protect the unit

Or you can buy a blow fitting that is used to protect pumps against incoming hot water on some pressure washers , this is a small plug that blows out at a set temp  although it would cause a water leak once it activates it would also do the same job
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk