This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

the heat and work
« on: July 04, 2006, 11:08:53 pm »
back to work for me tomorrow

ive had the last 2 days off, the heat has been real bad here, 36 today

i do sometimes like this job, where else can i do a 1 day week and still do ok ;)

Morph

Re: the heat and work
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 11:14:52 pm »
Trouble is if it rains heavy tomorrow, you'll be working thursday....
unless it rains heavy, then friday.

I remember my doctor, when I went to him a long while back, said to me, "Do you need a sick note?"  "No", I said, "I work for myself."  He smartly replied, "No, you mean, you work for everyone else!"!!!

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 11:24:05 pm »
I dont cope with the heat well so have been catching up with other things I would rather work in the rain than in the sort of heat we are getting now.

Sussex by the sea

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 11:29:46 pm »
I'm struggling too.
Can't take too much heat, but I don't suffer with the cold in winter much.

Finished by 1.00 instead of 4.00 yesterday and today.

Legs just went to jelly. :(

Morph

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 11:42:40 pm »
Worked 9 - 5.30 yesterday

Worked 8-30 - 5.15 today.

I'm a bit dun in :-[

ronaldo

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 11:52:43 pm »
The heat is lovely just put plenty of lotion on and  a hat and keep yourself topped up with water. suits me better as i can see the results of my work before i leave each house as its drying so quick.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 12:20:36 am »
ive just taken loads of extra work on as i did have a workmate until last friday, but he kept wanting to go home at lunchtime and got very upset with me when i said we gotta work a full day..even tho i cant handle the heat either!! but you know how it is..you gotta work a full day to pay your worker and fuel plus food etc. anyway..now he's gone ive gotta do it on my own, therefore i gotta work a longer day and its screwing me right up to be honest!!!
ive got a young family plus debt to pay plus the usual rent and bills etc...aaaaaaaggghhhhh!!! please let this heat just bugger offfffff!!!
when I'm cleaning windows

Fast 1 *

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 12:31:06 am »
i think there might be storms tomorrow.
wildstyles

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 12:48:02 am »
I love the heat. I think it's great.  ;D  ;D  ;D

What I don't understand is why the others I work with don't drink any water. They drink Coke or Ribenna or other suck muck and complain about being tired?

I've also taken plenty of fruit to work with me.

Yup, for the SE - storms tomorrow if the rain doesn't evapourate before it hits the ground and if the heat from the land rises high enough.

France had a rough time tonight with severe storms and some are just across the Channel from Kent.

gaza

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 12:52:19 am »
good they deserve it ;D they dont like our lamb ;)

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 01:03:20 am »
They've got a real dose of trouble tonight.

I really feel for them......  ;D

KJG

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 01:38:45 am »
I love it, the hotter the better. The only thing I dislike is when you get 'salty sweat' eyeburn and start pulling funny faces at your punters through the glass.

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 07:20:37 am »
I love it, the hotter the better. The only thing I dislike is when you get 'salty sweat' eyeburn and start pulling funny faces at your punters through the glass.
lol :D :D yup i have been doing a lot of that!!! iwas thinking about getteing a headband but unfortunately the eighties have finished so i wont get away with it :D

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 07:28:23 am »
i dont mind working in the heat really...its the humidity that pi**es me off

gaza

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 08:09:59 am »
could remind them its wimbledon week,annd weres your strawberrys and cream ;D

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Ian_Giles

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 09:25:02 am »
I love the heat too, and when I am in danger of overheating I just nip in the van, close up all the windows, start engine and have the air-con up full blast...chillin'  8)

I don't have any problems with this heat at all, but we only have a few days a year with the temp up this high and then they are back down to normal :'(

You barely have time to aclimatize!

I keep drinking water all day long, I don't try and rush and I'm fine...it's the humidity that makes it hard work if you are not careful.

Ian

Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

RO-Sheen

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2006, 09:31:43 am »
Regarding the 'Salty sweat eyeburns'.................. Try putting a thin layer of vaseline above your eyebrows. this will deflect the sweat.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

dai

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2006, 12:01:01 pm »
Well I'm off to Indonesia today for a holiday, and to bring my step daughters back to the UK. Now that place is HOT. Not bad in the air conditioned hotels, but down in my wife's village in cental Jawa it's stifling and the humidity, you can cut it with a knife.
Too make things worse all the mosquitos tell their mates theres a Brit in the village and they home in in droves. My wife is the only English speaker in miles, and I have no access to any English media. I hope I can see the world cup final before we go down there.
So some sympathy guys, for a fellow WC'r who will spend the next couple of weeks watching sweat dripping off his nose on to the pages of yet another book.
Things we do for love. DAi

Clear Vision

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2006, 12:14:32 pm »
It's too hot for me to work today so thats why i'm logged on here ;D

Just got a new 250L tank so will fit it in the van and purify some water.

Clear

JohnL

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 01:16:15 pm »
Ross, off thread but tell us about your interest in the weather systems and give us some web links to some sites so we can all partake cus that pic you posted looks pretty interesting.

email if you like but I am sure others would be interested.

john.london@btinternet.com

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.