Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Peter J Haigh

Phone Hacked ??
« on: November 06, 2019, 10:50:17 am »
Hi All
 Just some general advice please,  how do you know if your phone has been hacked ?  A couple of customer`s mentioned that within an hour of calling me to make and book an appointment, they where then called from another carpet cleaner in a neighbouring town who offered a much discounted rate.  I have had a few cancellations in the last couple of months and wondered if it was related ? - Any thoughts ….?

Mike Halliday

Re: Phone Hacked ??
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 12:55:56 pm »
Are you diverting your calls to a mobile?

Phone hacking so they can hear or record you conversations is government agency level territory so not something a carpet cleaner could do, even the newspapers who ‘phone hacked’ could not do it (even with all their money) they just relied on people not changing their phone log in password

It probably  just a coincidence
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 02:19:20 pm »
Peter J Haigh

it might be something to do with google local i think they are testing showing adverts in the same box as your local details.  if you have an android phone then they have your location as well.

google will use every space and all the data it has to sell adverts

yep just checked mine and its call "People also search for"  do a google search for yourself and the local box will be on the right hand side of the page

Ian

Peter J Haigh

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 08:05:51 pm »
Thanks Gents
 Probably just a bit of paranoia on my and customers behalf, strange coincidence though.  No I don`t divert to mobile, its just a standard VOIP phone.

Regards