Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

homenclean

Leaking machine advice appreciated
« on: November 04, 2019, 08:31:25 pm »
My prochem steempro has developed a serious leak in the waste tank where the float valve post fits into the tank. You can see where the seal has come away.

Prochem claim it is a new waste tank but does anyone know of a way to resell these and can you recommend a product tried bathroom sealant without any success and would it be possible to seal around it or do I need to remove it and start from scratch.

John

Mike Halliday

Re: Leaking machine advice appreciated
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 06:41:42 am »
Can you remove the post? I find they leak after a repair because the  surface has not been cleaned properly. If you remove it, clean It properly, then silicone sealant will give an effective seal   
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Nobby

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 08:27:20 am »
I agree, the surfaces need to be very, very thoroughly cleaned or even sanded and cleaned then silicon sealed. I would strongly recommend using LSX sealant it’s head and shoulders above any bathroom sealant.

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 12:24:36 pm »
Tried and failed many times to seal these just doesn't work. Only way is to put whole new bulkhead fitting in or new waste tank.