This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dazzler3370

FAO: Alex From Gardiners Pole systems
« on: November 01, 2019, 07:55:56 pm »
Alex,
You've finally made the perfect brush for weight and usability.

The extreme sill brush..... I've bought them in the flocked and stiff  versions together with the quick release jets and protective end caps.
I really hope you are going to make them in 35cm versions....??
If you can design some clamps for your extreme poles like the Phantom ones, then you will have the prefect pole and brush combination.

Cheers Dazzler   
Dazzler

mufcglen

Re: FAO: Alex From Gardiners Pole systems
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 10:08:48 pm »
100% agree pal I ordered the new flocked supreme and xtreme sill brush and although I still use the supreme as my everyday brush I’ve really enjoyed the xtreme flocked brush, its quite packed with bristles in the main part and doesn’t fold on itself at all but gives a better feel on the glass then using a medium brush, I always feel like they’re not scrubbing as much!!
Fully agree about the clamps too, I love my xtreme but I changed my clamps to phantom to stop black hand wear, the gardiner clamp lever action feels smoother though with the spring release and you get more adjustment with a gardiner clamp nut compared to phantom that only adjusts in 180° turns as its lobed, sort the inside with some soft inserts and that’s a winner😁

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 06:26:44 pm »
Alex,

The extreme sill brush..... I've bought them in the flocked and stiff  versions together with the quick release jets and protective end caps.
If you can design some clamps for your extreme poles like the Phantom ones, then you will have the prefect pole and brush combination.

Cheers Dazzler

100% agree pal I ordered the new flocked supreme and xtreme sill brush and although I still use the supreme as my everyday brush I’ve really enjoyed the xtreme flocked brush, its quite packed with bristles in the main part and doesn’t fold on itself at all but gives a better feel on the glass then using a medium brush, I always feel like they’re not scrubbing as much!!
Fully agree about the clamps too, I love my xtreme but I changed my clamps to phantom to stop black hand wear, the gardiner clamp lever action feels smoother though with the spring release and you get more adjustment with a gardiner clamp nut compared to phantom that only adjusts in 180° turns as its lobed, sort the inside with some soft inserts and that’s a winner😁

Glad the new Xtreme Sill brushes are 'hitting the mark'  :) To be fair we had been nagged for years by many clients about getting them made so it was about time!

We are planning on making a 35cm version as soon as we have completed the Jet Capsule switch on all of the rest of the brushes.

Clamps - we have had most of the competitions' poles and clamps on long term durability testing - based on the results of this testing, we currently have no plans to change our clamp mechanism. However we are always working on refinements to various items so you never know what may be around the corner  :)

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 06:35:24 pm »
I think the trick is to maintain the pole from day 1 , cleaning and ptfe spray is a must even if only weekly !
It takes 5 minutes for both to be done ya lazy gits  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 09:03:08 pm »
I think the trick is to maintain the pole from day 1 , cleaning and ptfe spray is a must even if only weekly !

There isn’t many who maintain a pole like me pal but from my experience phantom Definately wear less with the rubber inserts than the tougher plastic inside of a gardiner clamp, like I say the actual clamp lever action and adjustment is nicer on gardiner but from my use and experience of using both they 100% wear slightly less and you don’t get the dreaded black carbon hand from the pole wear😂
Hopefully Alex will be working on something behind the scenes unless the insert idea is patented up and it can’t be copied and improved🙈

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 10:27:50 am »
Alex,

Cheers Dazzler

why is it you prefer the Xtreme sill brush to the universal sill brush with the brushes on the ends of them?

i've been using the sill brushes since they came out, but we love the brush ends on the universals
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 10:41:54 am »
The xtreme sill brushes are a lot lighter than the universal brushes.....that's the main reason.....only a fraction heavier than a standard xtreme brush!great!
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 10:50:37 am »
Are the red bristles on the extreme sill stiffer than the white bristles,? my brush has about had it already (with hot water) not even a months use, i would like to see all the bristles being the red on a stiff version (like the stiff supreme etc)

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 10:56:51 am »
Are the red bristles on the extreme sill stiffer than the white bristles,? my brush has about had it already (with hot water) not even a months use, i would like to see all the bristles being the red on a stiff version (like the stiff supreme etc)

I've just binned one too after a months use.....I'm on my second one now(stiff version).....I've adjusted my technique a bit as I think I've been scrubbing too hard unnecessarily......I'm hoping to get 2 months out of it......we ll see.....the red bristles are very stiff......
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 11:23:02 am »
I’ve never needed a sill brush, ever.

I just clean the sills with a normal xtreme brush by changing the angle I hold the pole, I also find cleaning the sills at an angle means the brush sits nicely on the sill, kind of half on, half off the sill.

It’s funny how we all work so differently and need different brush styles.

I am liking the new xtreme taperteck brush though. Feels good on the glass and seems to clean well.

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 04:23:57 pm »

There isn’t many who maintain a pole like me pal but from my experience phantom Definately wear less with the rubber inserts than the tougher plastic inside of a gardiner clamp, like I say the actual clamp lever action and adjustment is nicer on gardiner but from my use and experience of using both they 100% wear slightly less and you don’t get the dreaded black carbon hand from the pole wear😂
Hopefully Alex will be working on something behind the scenes unless the insert idea is patented up and it can’t be copied and improved🙈
I’m not very good at Maths but if the Phantom pole wears 100% slightly less than Gardiners does it mean the pole lasts 100% slightly more? Does that mean it lasts twice as long which would be a 100% improvement making it half the price of a Gardiners pole over the life of the pole.
My head hurts.

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 05:58:43 pm »
Dave I reckon yer head hurts choosing breakfast  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

mufcglen

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2019, 06:19:11 pm »

I’m not very good at Maths but if the Phantom pole wears 100% slightly less than Gardiners does it mean the pole lasts 100% slightly more? Does that mean it lasts twice as long which would be a 100% improvement making it half the price of a Gardiners pole over the life of the pole.
My head hurts.

Haha that was a pun matey, I imagine they don’t last twice as long but who knows, I just know there’s barely any carbon dust all over my hand when I use my xtreme fitted with phantom clamps, I’ve just fitted a set to a brand new unused xtreme pole about a month ago and by now I’m usually just starting to lose that ribbed taped feel new poles have and its still loud and proud on my top section and I’ve nailed this new pole the last 2-3 weeks too.
Put it this way after using them on an old xtreme pole I wouldn’t be stupid enough to cut brand new clamps off an xtreme and fit phantom clamps before I’d even used it if I didn’t think they don’t wear as much😉

robert mitchell

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 01:08:20 pm »
Alex,

Cheers Dazzler

Glad the new Xtreme Sill brushes are 'hitting the mark'  :) To be fair we had been nagged for years by many clients about getting them made so it was about time!

We are planning on making a 35cm version as soon as we have completed the Jet Capsule switch on all of the rest of the brushes.

Clamps - we have had most of the competitions' poles and clamps on long term durability testing - based on the results of this testing, we currently have no plans to change our clamp mechanism. However we are always working on refinements to various items so you never know what may be around the corner  :)

Alex , do you have any plans to make a fully stiff version of the extreme sill brush ?  i love the extreme sill but prefer the all red stiff bristles as you get on the ultimate .  I use  hot water at around 70 c.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 05:13:45 pm »
Alex , do you have any plans to make a fully stiff version of the extreme sill brush ?  i love the extreme sill but prefer the all red stiff bristles as you get on the ultimate .  I use  hot water at around 70 c.

Good question - we have always stuck with a slightly less stiff version of the Xtreme brushes due to their much shorter bristles.

Drop me an email - If I decide to make some samples with the red bristles I will let you know  :)