Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lijong Tao

First machine
« on: October 31, 2019, 01:46:23 pm »
I'd like to start a carpet cleaning business, starting from scratch.

I have to have a change of career due to cancer and have always been interested in carpet cleaning and cleaning in general. I will be doing family carpets until I become better and more confident but want a machine that I can grow into, not a beginner machine.

I have a £1000-£1500 budget for the machine. My only stipulation is I'd like a wand extraction machine.

Can anyone give me some ideas where to begin and what to look for?

With thanks Li. 

neil 47

Re: First machine
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 08:23:04 pm »
A machine to grow into will be £3000/3500
IICRC

Lijong Tao

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 12:58:37 am »
In which case what is there for my price?

Nobby

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 08:05:50 am »
A Craftex 30:300 (Sabrina) is £1700 plus VAT new.  That’s the only practical machine that’s close to your budget that I can think of, other than that it’s second hand I’m afraid.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 12:25:15 pm »
If he played around with the options he could get and a basic twinvac  airflex pro ...or mini ...or an alltec express with immersion heat for about 1450+ vat ....

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 07:00:02 am »
Hi Lijong Tao

starting a business without any money is silly.

many new startups dont think about marketing.  you will need money and cash flow.

The real skill that carpet cleaners have is marketing. start to learning first and keep saving. if you buy the machine and the phone does not ring thats a waste.

so how do you get your first machine? ebay. just as i have said people spend lots of money starting up on equipment and then 12 months later end up selling it on ebay. the price is always high because they want to get the money back that they spent but, just call them and say that if the machine does not sell you will make them a offer.

Normally they will have products and other stuff with the machine trying to add value and justify the price. use this to get the price lower. Just say you dont want all the extra stuff and this should get them to lower the asking price and see you offer as reasonable.

One risk you have with buying a machine this way is that they might have bought it on credit and really its not theirs to sell.  the chances of the finance company finding you is low but its always a risk.

Good luck

Ian

Emil Dinev

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 10:03:56 am »
What is your total budget? Anything less than 10k isn’t good in my opinion. Do you have additional income? You want be able to make ends meet the first half year at the least if only living on your initial carpet cleaning income. As mentioned, marketing is the first thing to think of not the machine. How are you intending to attract customers? What’s your ideal customer....just sit down and write a description of it and then try and work out how you gonna find them. Cleaning carpets is easy but Carpet cleaning isn’t an easy business.

P.S. Answering your question, you can only buy a second hand good machine. A guy called Alex Darby is elling an alltect advance triple vac for £1200. That’s a really good machine. New machine of that sort would be around £3000-3500 + VAT.

Lijong Tao

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 01:25:26 pm »
I have £10-20k set aside for the entire business. I appreciate this sounds a lot but had thought of marketing, a van etc and set the budget aside. I guess my main customers, being near Blackpool, is hotels, car homes etc. I was going to send flyers out, knock on doors and drum up business that way. I just didn't want to heavily invest I guess without know there's a business there. I am cautious.

Really appreciate the info all. How do I contact the chap re:  alltect advance triple vac ?

Thanks Li

Steven Butler

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 03:13:17 pm »
Send me an email
supreme_clean@btinternet.com
I have a full set up, 600psi, twin vac, hoses and wand etc
Steve