This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

hank jr

Hi all, for those of you who know what the Marshall Pro is.....do you know if the seller is trustworthy? I've read a few stories about people not getting what they have purchased and the seller does not respond to emails/messages?

I messaged the seller on Facebook messenger and asked if he has a website ( and he sent me a link very quickly). I then asked were is he based.....had no response (and he had read my message). 7 hours later I asked how long does delivery take......no response??
Surely anyone selling their goods would answer these simple questions?

TomCrowther

Re: The Marshall Pro Roof Scraper Tool - Is the Seller Trustworthy?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 04:38:35 pm »
I bought it no problem.  Arrived in 48 hours.

hank jr

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 10:18:03 pm »
Ah - good news! Do you think its a good tool?

poles apart

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 05:04:38 pm »
Who sells them?

TomCrowther

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 05:00:29 pm »
Missed your reply. Yes, it's very useful and quickly removes the moss. I use the push/pull type action rather than just scraping down.  Wouldn't be without it now.

hank jr

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 08:06:09 pm »
Missed your reply. Yes, it's very useful and quickly removes the moss. I use the push/pull type action rather than just scraping down.  Wouldn't be without it now.

Great news! Do you get many jobs?

TomCrowther

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 04:44:11 pm »
I'm in the process of redoing the website and plan to push the roof/render side through next year. I have only done a handful of roof jobs so far. Scrape then algoclear pro softwash. All come up really clean and happy customers.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 03:00:05 pm »
How long does it take to scape a roof ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2019, 04:55:48 pm »
You know the answer better than I Darran
Did a very mossy three bed semi last week and I as there at 09:00 and finished at 16:00. That's scraping for maybe 5 hours then spraying and packing up.
I know pressure washing is faster and gives instant results but I have a mental block {damaging the tiles etc} and worry about the safety aspect and also this last job was typical. Tired tiles, ridge tiles all needed re-setting and I didn't want to break any.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 07:38:13 pm »
you did both aspects of the roof scraping ?

that's impressive you must have arms like Popeye  ;D

As a side note - never damaged a tile by pressure washing  - modern tiles are nearly 3/4" thick  so a bit of water on them isn't really going to hurt - slate - clay and pin tiles just use lower pressure

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

TomCrowther

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 09:02:30 pm »
Three aspects Darran, one was not too bad. Arms are pretty strong after 35 years of weights but trying to avoid the return of tendinitis!
When pressure washing a roof do you generally use a lift/platform or a scaffold? And how do you avoid covering the entire neighbourhood in crap?

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 10:10:38 am »
Nearly always a cherry picker - certainly houses

easy, the crap never flies that far

Fair play if you can do 3 aspects in that time then no need to P/W as long as you do give the roof a really good dose of biocide

Darran

TomCrowther

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 10:14:23 am »
It is knackering though. Would struggle to do it on consecutive days in fact I know I would struggle. Always trying to work a little smarter which is difficult with my brain.

hank jr

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2019, 09:32:39 pm »
It is knackering though. Would struggle to do it on consecutive days in fact I know I would struggle. Always trying to work a little smarter which is difficult with my brain.

I've stored this snippet of wisdom in my roof cleaning knowledge bank.  Sounds good for extra £££ but doing it every day? sounds like very hard work!

BrandonAntony

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2021, 02:26:38 pm »
I’m in the roof cleaning page on Facebook and they are making some very good looking roof scrapers https://roofscraper.co.uk/ I messaged the page and they replied to me in a few minutes so looks promising they got different grade of steel wire brushes too

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 06:55:15 pm »
hmmmm...  the uk's No1 roof scraping  tool - release date yet to be confirmed  ;D

Darran

Slacky

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2021, 09:35:16 am »
hmmmm...  the uk's No1 roof scraping  tool - release date yet to be confirmed  ;D

Darran

Ha ha  ;D