This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

solar panels
« on: October 25, 2019, 08:12:56 pm »
i posted a while back on this  but a different  meaning     i clean solar panels  every six months with a medium  cill brush  is ok on this frequency  or should it be  yearly  or 18 months   can you clean them regular  or is it running a risk of damaging  them  if there cleaned  to regular 

Splash & dash

Re: solar panels
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 09:51:47 pm »
i posted a while back on this  but a different  meaning     i clean solar panels  every six months with a medium  cill brush  is ok on this frequency  or should it be  yearly  or 18 months   can you clean them regular  or is it running a risk of damaging  them  if there cleaned  to regular

You certainly won’t damage them with a brush unless doing something way out of the ordinary , if the panels need cleaning monthly or annualy just clean as required by the customer , we used to do some arrays every three months , but I hated doing them so gave the contract up

mjm

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 07:59:41 am »
Ok thanks. Appreciate it

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 08:57:30 am »
I've nothing to support this but my intuition but I would have thought that cleaning more frequently (and using less water or scrubbing than you would say six monthly or yearly) would mean less chance of water ingress or sealant damage.

But I would probably ask for a waiver if it was anything beyond an occasional domestic clean.
It's a game of three halves!

mjm

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2019, 01:46:34 pm »
Iam going to do them. 6 monthly or a year.  To be safe. And a high flow rate. Possibly.   70. To 80. On the  box.  Thanks