Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rachelhale

Carpet Cleaner
« on: October 25, 2019, 06:13:58 am »
Hi Everyone
I need recommendations please, I am want to buy a carpet cleaner for end of tenancy jobs. What is the cheapest most effective i can buy. I'm looking for anything less than £300.
Thanks
Rachel

Jonathan Evans

Re: Carpet Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 06:40:01 am »
Hi Rachel with that budget you are only going to get something 2nd hand and then something in awful condition needing work.

Most of the letting agents around my way dont care what you use to clean carpet, they dont value a good clean so a lot of companies I know off use bissell or vac and even George's.
One reason I never touch eots for agents that snd the fact that they nearly are always leeches.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 07:54:28 am »
I think this what you are looking for......your won’t find it cheaper! I think you need to up your budget to around £1000 and then you will only find a very basic machine

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 04:12:48 pm »
I once back dusted a rug for a client, she was really worried as it had been in storage and she wanted it cleaned.

Having back dusted I knocked  at least a couple of kilos of white powder out of it,

I jokingly said you must have some great parties.

She came back an hour later, I have just realised what it is she said.

20 years of shake n vac.... I offered to refill her old bottle back up.

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 06:51:20 am »
rachelhale

joking aside

look on ebay for a extraction machine thats are old and is being sold for parts and fix it up. sometimes they only need cleaning.  apart from that standard speed scrubber with tank method.

You can also use a pad system like texatherm this system is expensive but there are other alternatives like it.

most of the dirt in a carpet is dry so having a really good vac and spending lots of time on this step.

you only problem will be stain removal as products are expensive and you will get lots of stains on this type of work. I have been on jobs where I have got a stain out and the customers says but the other carpet cleaner said he could not get that out. what this says is that the other carpet cleaner BS the customer and did not try or want to spend the time or money removing it. its down to you what path you want to take.

I know other carpet cleaners on here would think this request funny but thousands of bissell carpet cleaners are sold every year and you can bet some are use just for this purpose.  these people can spend the time to clean let dry and clean again as many times as it takes to get the carpet clean. saving the cost of using a professional.

Ian