Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Re: Winter gears - what's work and what's doesn't
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2019, 06:12:11 pm »
Iv just bought these for the winter- 12 month warranty too , very comfortable indeed

https://www.shuperb.co.uk/muck-boots-arctic-ice-tall-mens-rubber-wellington-boots-black-p17843

I have the ankle version of those, I found the the full boot too heavy. By 4 o’clock I was dragging my feet like I’d had a stroke!

Haha your right there! I feel like my legs are stronger with wearing these  ;D however I’m only a part timer so it’s not too bad  :)

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2019, 05:18:28 pm »
I dont really get that cold, i mean if its below freezing then i cant work anyway so if im out it must be 1 degree or above

so a pair of long johns under work trousers, 2 pairs of socks instead of one.

Work shirt, jumper, hoody maybe a fleece or water proof over the top

hat and gloves if needed

no need to over complicate it just wear more layers i dont know why you need a special coat

I wouldnt be buying them £150 boots  :o you chaps have too much money  ;D i just wear cheap hiking boots with a few pairs of socks.

Shrek

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2019, 06:09:46 pm »
Il need them when I get back from here  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2019, 06:14:18 pm »
Il need them when I get back from here  ;D

Thats just an average back garden for a window cleaner

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2019, 06:41:25 pm »
I dont really get that cold, i mean if its below freezing then i cant work anyway so if im out it must be 1 degree or above

so a pair of long johns under work trousers, 2 pairs of socks instead of one.

Work shirt, jumper, hoody maybe a fleece or water proof over the top

hat and gloves if needed

no need to over complicate it just wear more layers i dont know why you need a special coat

I wouldnt be buying them £150 boots  :o you chaps have too much money  ;D i just wear cheap hiking boots with a few pairs of socks.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/media/836/8367614/classic_1647816.jpg
Totally agree.
I use the above from Decathlon ( £25 ). I've worn them everyday for work for a whole year and they still haven't split or worn out completely yet, but I may yet just splash out and treat myself to a new pair  :D ;)

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2019, 07:03:56 pm »
are they waterproof though?nowt worse than wet feet on a cold wet day in winter......

forecast very wet here from lunchtime onwards...hopefully ill be finished by 1pm... ;D
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2019, 10:33:45 pm »
are they waterproof though?nowt worse than wet feet on a cold wet day in winter......

forecast very wet here from lunchtime onwards...hopefully ill be finished by 1pm... ;D
If I stood in a stream probably not, but in my last year of wearing them cleaning windows I've not had to. I don't think I've ever owned a pair of boots or even shoes come to think of it, that couldn't stand up to a bit of rain.

Edit: just looked at reviews on site, waterproof. Somebody trekked for 20 days on the Annupurna circuit in Nepal through snow and ice wearing them. Having trekked there myself I'd have gone with a more expensive goretex boot. But hey, if they're good enough for that then I'm sure they're enough for a wet day in Manchester.

mac74

Re: Winter gears - what's work and what's doesn't New
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2019, 08:16:03 pm »
In very cold weather i wear:

Insulated Beanie hat. (spray on waterproofer if needed)
Neck gaiter/snood (the best £5 u will ever spend) or x2 if very cold.
Gloves (insulated).
Leather cat boots caked in polish or dubbin for wet grass, and bridgedale socks.

Head - Neck - Hands - Feet

Cover the above and you can pretty much wear your normal gear, apart from a rain jacket if needed  :)