This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dd

Tapertec bristles
« on: October 18, 2019, 07:42:48 pm »
These seem to have replaced "natural bristles" in the Gardiner range.

What are they and are they as good?

zesty

Re: Tapertec bristles
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 07:52:15 pm »
Been a fair few posts on this since the changeover, I think they are pretty good. They don’t get tangled like the old natural bristles.

Scrubbing powder is similar, and they don’t feel much different on the glass.

alank

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 08:16:09 pm »
I think they are a lot better than natural bristles when using an extreme I want the lightest smoothest brush possible and the natural bristles are fine when the brush is new but after a while they clump together and there's too much resistance on  the glass.

Spotfree

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 10:04:51 pm »
The new bristles glide better, but for me I did like a bit of drag.

I can't make my mind up about them, they did impress me the other day when using warm/hot water on bug spots. I seem to scrub more on snail trails though.

I have just finished epoxying a row of constructor brush hard nylon bristles through the centre of one of my new tapertec brushes. Looking forward to giving that a bash.

dd

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2019, 06:15:48 pm »
Been a fair few posts on this since the changeover, I think they are pretty good. They don’t get tangled like the old natural bristles.

Only found 4 references to tapertec on a search, one being this post, so not sure if there has been lots of views posted as yet. Nobody seems to know what they are.

zesty

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2019, 06:41:25 pm »

Only found 4 references to tapertec on a search, one being this post, so not sure if there has been lots of views posted as yet. Nobody seems to know what they are.

There was a thread on it a while back, don’t think many people actually mentioned the specific wording...

dd

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2019, 09:55:55 pm »
Thanks for reply's guys.

Dave Willis

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 11:15:46 am »
I’ve got them in my Xtreme brush. Creamier colour to the outer bristles and more pointy.
All good so far, brush holding up pretty well.