This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tristan R Clean

Reduced clean request
« on: October 16, 2019, 08:00:46 pm »
Received a phone call today from a manager of a big hotel I have cleaned for 16years. I have cleaned it on a monthly basis during this period. The regional manager has requested that we clean it quarterly as he didnt think it needed cleaning as much as he says it is not right on the sea front like some of there other hotels. I have told the manager it would mean a price increase on each clean because of extra bird muck and dirt. What would you guys stick on the price as a percentage increase for less frequency. Bearing in mind it is a high building and a tough job.
Tris

P @ F

Re: Reduced clean request
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 08:06:31 pm »
I would say 2 monthly 25% more or 3 monthly 50% more , if you don’t make it worth while you will dread/resent the job every time it comes around , and that’s when attention to detail goes out the window  !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 08:56:42 pm »
I am not sure they would go for as high an increase as it is fairly well priced anyway. But it does need a super lite modular around the back - 60ft. I am not messing about though because as you say regret would be there if I don’t get what I want for it.
T

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 09:33:26 pm »
Yes but they must still be making a large saving  by going every 3
That’s 4 cleans that was 12 , even at the 50% rise it’s got to be cheaper , you know the price of a current clean we don’t , do your sums and let us know
It might even push him to a 2 monthly at 25% rise , that’s what I would want , it’s a world of difference between a 2 and 3 monthly cleaning wise   ;)

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 09:45:15 pm »
Wise advise P@F thank you.
Count me in for one of your heated systems when you start producing😉

Crystal-clear

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 09:46:19 pm »
to be fair enough perhaps they need to cut back a little bit if you double up they are still making a saving.
It's down to you now depending on how well it's priced and how you don't want to lose the job

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 10:00:14 pm »
Will do T     ;D ;D ;D ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2019, 07:45:28 am »
It's a fair thieving for them and to be fair enough perhaps they need to cut back a little bit if you double up they are still making a saving.
It's down to you now depending on how well it's priced and how you don't want to lose the job
I think doubling the price would be taking it a bit far😲

Crystal-clear

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2019, 12:04:39 pm »
to be fair enough perhaps they need to cut back a little bit if you double up they are still making a saving.
I think doubling the price would be taking it a bit far😲

Well it's horses for courses suppose..  they're still making a financial gain. And by the sounds of the op it sounds it's quite a big job but then he says it's priced well so in that regard it's just down to the individual if you really want to keep the job just 25-50 percent or even keep the price the same depending how profitable is.
Without the actual figures and time it takes is difficult to to judge

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2019, 12:32:00 pm »
i would treat him essentially like a new client and i would give them a quote like new and have 3 different frequencies on it

include 4 weekly,  8 weekly, and quarterly

quarterly cleans are one-off cleans each time so price accordingly. for me that would be double.

i would also have a minimum number of cleans at each price and add that they get charged for the full term of cleans if they cancle before this time

it's up to them to choose the one that suits his business best, your price has to suit your business too

with this approach, you'll sometimes find they decide to stick with what they have got already. he was probably thinking initially it would be the same price whatever frequency.

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

NWH

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 03:18:18 pm »
I wouldn’t increase it at all sounds like if you did you may lose the job,they won’t be much dirtier

robbo333

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 05:58:50 pm »
If I wanted to keep the job, I would put together a little plan.
For instance:
I am sure the entrance area would still need to cleaned at least every month, or it's just going to look like poo.
Also the dining and bar area will probably need to be cleaned more frequently.
Perhaps the service areas could go 6 months maybe.
Get a price that works for you and saves them some money and hopefully you can all compromise.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 06:22:21 pm »
how long does the job take cleaned monthly?

if its less frequent at 3 monthly then they will be a lot dirtier esp if its in a seaside area......
price higher/work harder!