This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Normal Flouncing Service has been resumed.
« on: October 16, 2019, 05:11:30 pm »
Well, another customer tried it on to "stop for winter".

I had rung the doorbell and done the two front upper windows and was about to do the porch when said customer came round the side and said "Hello, hope it doesn't rain now you've turned up!" and  "Just put the (payment) slip through when you've finished."

They continued by offhandedly saying "Make this the last one before Spring, it's not worth doing in the winter."

I proceeded to remind them that as I had said at the outset this was an all year regular service and this seemed to irk him somewhat and he said in that case I'll cancel completely.

"Okay D______ " I replied and started to pack away and he said "No, you can finish this one."

"But I don't wish to D ______ you can have the two windows I've completed completely free of charge on me."

And off I went.
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

Re: Normal Flouncing Service has been resumed.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 05:31:44 pm »
Not worth keeping in my mind give them the option to carry on during the winter if they were to say  no I only want it done again in April till October I’d say no can do,just have it in your mind they are not a reliable customer like you are there Window cleaner. 
If I lose someone for a different reason it can grate a bit but for this reason alone they are very soon forgotten about.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 05:34:32 pm »
What area do you work I think you may be close to me from what you’ve said in the past.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 06:35:09 pm »
I dont understand people saying they ain't worth cleaning in the winter,windows still get dirty  ???

capn sparkle

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 06:45:51 pm »
I like the ones who ask if you can recommend another window cleaner - stock answer - 'No! I don't know anyone that stupid'

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 07:17:47 pm »
What area do you work I think you may be close to me from what you’ve said in the past.

Bristol mainly.
It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 07:26:35 pm »
Oh ok I thought you were south coast.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 09:05:16 pm »

Bristol mainly.
The rough part  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Crystal-clear

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 09:06:01 pm »
"But I don't wish to D ______ you can have the two windows I've completed completely free of charge on me."

And off I went.
[/quote]

Haha epic did so myself simialr situation years back however when I started to detach emotion from our line of work was the time I started to make more money.
Do this one then see you in spring "not a problem it will be 3x the clean see you soon "oh I do not want to pay that much make it the last one" no problem that's xx cheers and take care simple.

We Gotta keep reminding ourselves we are a business :)
If you finished it got paid you're always going to be in a better situation!
I totally understand and I also sometimes struggle but keep having to remind myself it's business!

Windy Miller

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 09:28:06 pm »
I dont understand people saying they ain't worth cleaning in the winter,windows still get dirty  ???
Have had this excuse in the past, the reason being as the evenings close in they don't be home in daylight hours to enjoy clean windows 🙄

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 10:02:10 pm »
i had a customer once say to me........."what do you do in the winter?sign on?"..... ::)roll ;D.....this is after 4 or 5 years of cleaning her windows all year round!....what planet are some of our customers on? ;D
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2019, 10:08:00 pm »
I had one like that when I started up , the moment it got dark as he was getting home he would cancel until the light nights came back
The plonker obviously never had days or weekends off then !
I pandered for 2 years then woke up one day and thought WTF  ???
SEE YA NEXT MILLENNIUM MATE
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Slacky

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2019, 10:41:39 pm »

Bristol mainly.

Keynsham. The town centre then ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 09:17:08 pm »

Bristol mainly.

Keynsham. The town centre then ;)
its better since you got kicked out for the trouble you done  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

David Beecroft

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2019, 09:35:59 am »
I just tell them that only summer cleaning is a service we don’t offer and leave it up to them to decide if they want to carry on.

windowswashed

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2019, 07:10:45 pm »
Tell the "summer only customers" that you don't mind leaving their windows during the winter providing they accept their current price is doubled up to cover your hibernation in winter  ;D