This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Daz ..... Xtreme sill ?
« on: October 15, 2019, 10:19:15 pm »
Hi mate , I’m interested to see what that stiff of yours looks like ?
Is it still going or not  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

Re: Daz ..... Xtreme sill ?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 10:50:59 pm »
Hi mate , I’m interested to see what that stiff of yours looks like ?
Is it still going or not  ;D

yep not took it off since i started using it....its looking shabby now though!ill put up a pic tomorrow!(and ive been on holiday!)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 06:50:48 pm »

There u go richy......it still scrubs fine.....it just looks a bit tatty now..... ;D

dd

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2019, 07:11:02 pm »
You have a nice professional looking system, wear a uniform etc...... and use a brush like that!

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 07:18:55 pm »
That’s well funny Daz !
I got to go to van now to sort battery , it’s failed me twice now , the solar isn’t cutting the mustard at the moment , looks like a numax 105 and SCR will be the next purchase !
I will grab a pic of my medium that we have been using the same amount of time  ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 09:02:38 pm »
You have a nice professional looking system, wear a uniform etc...... and use a brush like that!

its only a month old.......used for 3 weeks as ive been on holiday for a week......itll be ready for the bin after 2 months i reckon.... ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2019, 09:11:37 pm »
You’re not supposed to boil them  :o

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 09:14:33 pm »
This medium soft is a month old today , I don’t do as much as Daz so his little holiday probably evens the use of the 2 brushes out
Mine sees about 5 hours on the glass per day at 40 to 50 degrees temp

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2019, 09:19:51 pm »
Hey Dave , look at the pic of Daz’s brush , it looks like he’s dropped all his fruit Spangles  ;D ;D :D

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 09:32:57 pm »
ive got another new xtreme sill brush here...i think ill try and adjust my technique when i start using it....i must be scrubbing too hard....you must just lightly tickle the windows richy with that brush! ;D

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2019, 09:42:26 pm »
Daz , I do believe that is your problem  , by your own admission you are heavy handed
I can see you now going like the clappers trying to push the panes through  :D
Mate you have all the best tools , Xtreme poles and brushes coupled with hot water , let the brush do the work not you  ;)

Spotfree

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 02:28:45 pm »
Daz , I do believe that is your problem  , by your own admission you are heavy handed
Mate you have all the best tools , Xtreme poles and brushes coupled with hot water , let the brush do the work not you  ;)

Well said! I thought hot water was supposed to be doing some of the work too? I would hope so knowing how much grippa charge.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 03:02:55 pm »
😂 you could have the flashiest van in the world and the smartest uniform,if you turned up and cleaned my windows with that I’d sack you off I’m afraid that looks dreadful.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2019, 04:27:14 pm »
😂 you could have the flashiest van in the world and the smartest uniform,if you turned up and cleaned my windows with that I’d sack you off I’m afraid that looks dreadful.

still cleans the windows!used it all day today again........ ;D

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2019, 04:29:24 pm »

Well said! I thought hot water was supposed to be doing some of the work too? I would hope so knowing how much grippa charge.

im very heavy handed...always have been....although im trying  NOT  to put as much pressure on the glass and adjust my technique now... ;D

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2019, 06:23:05 pm »
Alex will be crying in his office when he hears that you are possibly  not going to be buying 4 brushes a month now  ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2019, 07:27:28 pm »
More like he’s crying because he’s just seen his brushes don’t last 5 minutes,they work well for what they are but they don’t last even with cold,hot water kills these brushes.

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2019, 07:52:33 pm »
More like he’s crying because he’s just seen his brushes don’t last 5 minutes,they work well for what they are but they don’t last even with cold,hot water kills these brushes.
But you have seen my medium soft used for the same time that is still good having been used with 50c water most of that time , ok the bristles below the fans have turned up a bit but nothing to worry about , and that might be due to going at the angle over the sill edge ?
What is your brush of choice , let’s see yer everyday one , I’m interested to see as I am thinking that you like the water Nathankaye hot  ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2019, 08:13:04 pm »
The best xtremes were the original ones which had thicker bristle clumps in them. These newer versions, with smaller clumps are't up to the job IMO. I have a modified original I have used for years and it out performs every other xtreme I have had since.
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2019, 08:16:46 pm »
I couldn’t keep using the same brush I have to alternate them and also turn the quick lock fitting or the bristles separate in the middle in no time with hot water,I’ve got the new DuPont coming this week so we will see what that’s like.
They need to use shorter bristles in there brushes to stop them deforming so quickly,also pack more in there so the bristles are unable to spread so easily.