This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuartb

How to get commercial work?
« on: October 13, 2019, 08:38:06 pm »
Hi folks, hope everyone’s good.
I’d like to get some more commercial wfp work. I have a few already, I got the first because I clean his home, and he asked if I’d quote for his business. Then over a couple of years three of his business neighbours one by one became customers too. So, I got some commercial work cleaning some nice almost all glass units but, I got the work without trying to get it if you see what I mean.  So my question is: how do you folks find and get those nice commercial jobs? As I’d like some more. They make your arms ache but they’re pretty good jobs to have on your books.

Cheers for any advice you can give,
Stu

Stoots

Re: How to get commercial work?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 11:00:10 pm »
I've never bothered with commercial but I would imagine cold calling/canvassing to be best.

Speak to them

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 11:22:02 pm »
were now 90% domestic.

our commercial has come about from using a cold calling service to book appointments, through our domestic customers, and from our website.

if i was wanting to grow it further I would use cold callers again. they worked well.

R
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 11:49:37 am »
If your going after commercial work then telesales/canvasser is required.

You will need to back that up with a decent web site - public liability of least 5 million ideally 10 and companies seem to prefer you to be vat registered

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Crystal-clear

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 09:22:19 pm »
So I know who everyone use to use in the past for commercial canvassing.
I don't see any advertising here anymore though
Who's the current recommendation today if you're gona hire someone for tele sales.

Slacky

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 01:00:03 pm »
I’ve used the cold canvassers that used to frequent here. Bloody useless if the truth were told.

The majority of contacts I gleaned from that exercise were commercial businesses using us as an opportunity to check the rate they were already paying.

Slacky

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 01:01:55 pm »
Just been asked to take a look at a large care home for a company we already do work for. From Google maps looks like about a weeks work. No one else is pricing it.

Existing customers look like how to expand currently.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 01:23:33 pm »
I’ve used the cold canvassers that used to frequent here. Bloody useless if the truth were told.

The majority of contacts I gleaned from that exercise were commercial businesses using us as an opportunity to check the rate they were already paying.

Did you not instruct the canvasser to ask this question ? - our brief was to get leads with NO current windy - worked a treat

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 02:54:02 pm »
Yes, I did get that clarified.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2019, 08:48:07 pm »
then yes, you used a sh!t telesales person

Darran

Darek M

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 02:04:28 pm »
There are a few ways to get on with that.
One approach is to print a cheerful flyer and post it on bulletin boards in heavily trafficked parts of your local area, such as grocery stores.
Newspaper is in fact a good way to get potential customers for contract cleaning.
By placing an ad in the section Classified, you will catch the attention of business owners who are searching for cleaning services.
Shiny Windows offer professional window cleaning!  and gutter clearing in Nottingham.

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 04:34:57 pm »
All my work is commercial. The way I have built  my work up over the last 35 years  is to canvass  myself. Sometimes it can be sole destroying,  then every now and again you will pick jobs up. From those contracts you will pick more up as they expand. Also try and get in with managing agents, they can supply  you  with  lots of work. Good  luck.

Slash

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 05:42:49 pm »
I would keep  well clear of that kind of work, nightmare getting paid,I used to do alot but they just take the liberties.
Never again.
There is loads of guys on here that swear by it,but as Peter Jones would say.
I'm out

NWH

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 05:46:32 pm »
I would expand a commercial side on the foundation of a good domestic business.

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 06:17:55 pm »
Recommendations  from existing clients , going to the buisness and asking to see the maintenance manager or asking to make an appointment to see the maintenance manager saying something along the lines of we can clean your windows building etc to a very high standard improving your image with the firms you deal with etc , works a treat we pick up a lot of commercial this way also a good website with existing customers pictures on it works well obviously get there permission before   posting pictures .