Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robroy

Going back to carpet cleaning !
« on: October 07, 2019, 07:51:38 pm »
I supply and fit carpet both knees are now not good  :(
I used clean carpet as well fit around 10/15 years ago till the machine died,but now looking to buy another.
I visited Amtech to look at what the had to offer any one have an opinion on either of these machines
Powr-Flite PFX1350 Carpet Cleaning Machine, or there CFR ECO 500 AW Plus Carpet Cleaning Machine this one recycles the water and can run for around 1.5 hours I think he said, also been looking at the Alltec evolution and Prochem  ranges.
My work will be domestic, talking to the guy at Amtech it sounds like chemicals and methods have moved on since I was last cleaning !!
Any views welcome  ;D

Steven Butler

Re: Going back to carpet cleaning !
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 08:42:57 pm »
I’m selling a powr flite black max 600psi with heater and vacs are only 6 months old if ur interested mate
supreme_clean@btinternet.com

john martin

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 10:03:42 pm »
I supply and fit carpet both knees are now not good  :(
I used clean carpet as well fit around 10/15 years ago till the machine died,but now looking to buy another.
I visited Amtech to look at what the had to offer any one have an opinion on either of these machines
Powr-Flite PFX1350 Carpet Cleaning Machine, or there CFR ECO 500 AW Plus Carpet Cleaning Machine this one recycles the water and can run for around 1.5 hours I think he said, also been looking at the Alltec evolution and Prochem  ranges.
My work will be domestic, talking to the guy at Amtech it sounds like chemicals and methods have moved on since I was last cleaning !!
Any views welcome  ;D

Anyones bought anything from Amtech know what a great bunch of guys they are to deal with  .
However they are stuck with the powerflite range  , and while they are decent machines , great heaters  ...    they havn't a performance model to match machines with two 6.6 vacs , two inch plumbing  etc
So as mentioned here a million times  ... look at the airflex storm /or miniflex 6.6 ,  Ashbys enforcer with 6.6 vacs , or the alltec evolution .
As for things moving on in the last decade  ... its mostly  marketing thats moved on .  I see Amtech stock the full range of chemspec chemicals , id stick with those  ...   theyre own branded chemical range is based on a marketing strategy that proclaims what it does not contain ...  over what it actually does contain  ...   which when u look closely is not much at all .

Robroy

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 10:25:03 pm »
Thanks for the reply John Martin , what about the eco model , or is that a bit of gimmick ?

john martin

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 10:52:06 pm »
Iv never used it  , wouldnt be interested in buying it .  I would see it as a tool for a specific type of job  , hotel rooms perhaps . Some types of commerial .
I cant see the advantage myself  ,   and its a single 6.6 throttled with filters  .   
A large capacity machine like an enforcer holding 4 large buckets of water will keep you going for a long time depending on the job , and .. its no great chore to empty it  imo .

Robroy

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 09:01:34 pm »
I have narrowed it down to Airflex storm, and aiflex hx compact, had prices for these waiting on a price tomorrow for Ashbys Enforcer, can  any one tell what the airflex compact run time would be with the smaller waste tank, I am considering this because my van has a false floor for carpets and is 94cm from the ground to the floor. there,s hardly any difference in the 2 prices of the airflex,s

john martin

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 04:13:27 pm »
I have narrowed it down to Airflex storm, and aiflex hx compact, had prices for these waiting on a price tomorrow for Ashbys Enforcer, can  any one tell what the airflex compact run time would be with the smaller waste tank, I am considering this because my van has a false floor for carpets and is 94cm from the ground to the floor. there,s hardly any difference in the 2 prices of the airflex,s

Lifting something big at 94cm would not be good for you .    The Enforcer is designed to fall backwards and pivot to horizontal at about 40cm or so .
The guys might tell you what the miniflex would be like to lift  , id say its that .. or cut a rectangle out of your floor  :D

Robroy

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2019, 09:02:21 pm »
If it comes to it I will have to modify the floor although that wont be easy !
Had a price from ashbys there all around the same price they were very helpful ,
Decisions decisions   ???
They priced a whole package including a sebo agitator , the inline sprayer with adjustable solution strength and a attachment format dry vacuum, not sure about that one .
Also there chemical package.
Basically everything I would need to start.
Comment welcome  ;D

Robroy

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 10:26:43 pm »
Going for the enforcer 💪

john martin

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 10:28:11 pm »
good choice , what spec ?

Robroy

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 10:38:58 pm »
400 psi,  3kw heater , 5.7,  3 stage vacuum
Went to there place today impressed with the machine and suction at 100.ft

john martin

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2019, 10:43:59 pm »
That was the spec i got originally  ,  tweaked a bit since ,but it works great as standard like you said , and build /design is second to none .

Robroy

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2019, 10:57:01 pm »
Martin ashby said 6.6 vacuum not necessary and a pain with the extra power lead, the in series vacuums as much power as i will need .
Machines seems well thought out everything recessed and even a plug slot when it's not being used . Going back tomorrow to collect it all
I have ordered there chemical pack too , not sure how they compare to the others

john martin

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2019, 11:05:20 pm »
When you look into the ingredients , the products are highly similar between brands . I'm sure they work great .