This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mac74

Re: 4040 RO Cleaning, is it worth it?
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2019, 09:38:29 pm »
HAPPY DAYS!
Today i took the membrane out of soak, and cleaned the inside of the housing. I then put it back together & flushed it at tap pressure (35psi) for 20 mins, then i took membrane back out, and put it in the other way around (& switched the white rubber membrane seal to near end) and flushed again for 20 mins. Then striped down, and put back together as it was. The tds from tap pressure only was 32 tds! (good sign so far!) I changed the 20" pre filters yesterday, so i now connected the R.O unit back in, and flushed again with the 1000w draper booster pump on in its sweet spot @ 70psi (i also tried up to a 10 psi swing in both higher & lower psi directions). Its NOW 17ppm down from 28ppm!!! A great result! as it will probably drop another 1 or 2 tds when it settles in, and if i get another year out of it, then great. Also the next time i buy a new membrane, i will be tempted to do this again, but after just 1 year when the tds rises, and again with this lower strength cleaner. Maybe in hindsight  i could of gone with the higher strength HG blue pro cleaner? on THIS membrane. BUT im VERY HAPPY with my 17ppm result from 28ppm!
A BIG thank you, to you Chris T for your idea, and many thanks to you, the Big Kahuna for your input also.
Cheers Mac.   

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2019, 09:50:29 pm »
Nice one  :)

mac74

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2019, 05:27:15 pm »
Checked my TDS today and its jumped up to 21 already  :(

mac74

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2019, 09:54:30 pm »
Hello all,  for info feedback, its been about 4 weeks since the above cleaning of my 2yr old Axeon HF4 R.O membrane (12tds new). Although after cleaning, it did go down to 17tds, unfortunately it crept back up to near the original 28 tds that it was before the cleaning  process :( , this is just my experience,  but it maybe due my very high tds in @ 410ish? I do wonder, if the other guys that have done this, if their R.O's are still preforming a lower tds over time since their cleaning? even so it was still worth a try. Anyhow i took delivery of a new 40" R.O membrane today, a Hydranautics ESPA4-LD 4040 from Gaps Water £244 inc vat & del. June @ Gaps said most feedback on it, is saying they are getting a slightly better rejection rate than the HF4 Axeon membrane? so i thought id give it a go.
Cheers m

Ooooooog

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2019, 07:54:55 am »
It’s gotten more colder which would probably make a difference too.

mac74

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2019, 11:06:57 am »
Fitted in the 40 " Hydranautics ESPA4-LD 4040 into my heated shed at the weekend, and so far very happy with the performance. It DOES reject better than the previous axeon unit  which was 12tds out when new.  Boosted to 80psi this new Hydranautics unit gives me 008 TDS out from about the same 410 tds in,  BUT at a slightly slower production rate than the axeon.